Was almost impossible to reach by phone to make a reservation (that should have been my warning).
First the good: Breakfast was great.
One of our couples stayed in the main house and said the bed in room 1 was really, really good. The view from the deck was great.
Woodburning fireplace in cottage.
Now the bad:
Dogs and cats (allergy sufferers beware!)
People hair and leftover soap in bathtubs.
No kleenex, toiletries, little touches in either location. No TV listing guide.
Promised appetizers never showed.
Contacted innkeeper .... took 3 hours to get a reply (see problem above with making reservation)
We stayed in...hahah...the River View Cottage. Now, one would assume this would have a "view" right? WRONG!
Not to mention you either have to drive back to the house...OR...climb a very steep hill that would be impassable in any condition other than very dry.
Overpriced for underservice.
I've stayed in far better B&B's....and won't be staying in this one again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy incredible views of the famous Harpers Ferry Gap from our balconies and decks. Spacious suites with private bathrooms, king sized beds, sitting rooms, and cable. Fire place in the common area. The Ledge House is in Harpers Ferry National Historic Park. Hike the Appalachian Trail, Bike the C&O Canal, Raft the Shenandoah and Potomac Rivers. Taste wine country. Inquire about Vacation rentals and short-term rentals. Government per diem honored. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Ledge House Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ledge House & Canal House Cottage Hotel Harpers Ferry
- The Ledge House And Canal House Cottage