“Underwhelming.” 2 of 5 stars

Secret Six Tavern
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Underwhelming.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Scenery: 3/5- Cozy. Clean. Nice view, but everything has a nice view in that area.
Service: 2/5- Manager was friendly, but service was slow and inconsistent. Had to ask for silverware. She disappeared after she gave us our food.
Food: 1/5- The plainest steak and cheese sandwich I've ever had. $10. They gave me like 15 tiny French fries to eat with it.
Beer: 2/5- In comparison to the other places in Harpers Ferry it probably has an above average selection. Miners Daughter Oatmeal Stout was tasty. Wine was $7 a glass. Draft beer about $4.50.

Visited March 2013

Somewhere
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Slow service but decent food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We visited the Secret Six once before so we knew what to expect. The service is always slower, but if you're patient (and don't bring children), then it's not a bad experience. We sat on the deck so the view was wonderful. My husband ordered a Burger and I ordered the Chicken Alfredo. The food was good, not amazing, but you get what you pay for. Overall, we were satisfied. :)

Visited November 2012
1 Thank MdKal
Arlington, Virginia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“DON'T GO!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Worst dinner I have ever had in my entire life. If you do decide to go there, go use the restroom and peak in the kitchen first, you might change your mind. It took 30 minutes to get menu's, we were given the lunch menu's so everything was more expensive than we thought when we got the bill. The wine was awful and overpriced, and drinks took another 20 minutes to come out. My burger was overdone, overpriced, and on a cheap roll that fell apart as I tried to eat it because it was so old and grease soaked. My wife's pasta was almost crunchy and came out wrong, then took 15 minutes to come out right, while I ate. The wine is out of a cheap jug. Overall for dinner and drinks it took 2.5 hours, then we had to go inside and wait in line again to pay. We were offered a discount on our awful meal, negotiated a bigger discount, and still felt cheated. Worst of all both my wife and I felt sick the entire next morning.

Visited September 2012
Charles Town, West Virginia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great food, great servers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I've eaten lunch at this facility at least 10 times. My favorites are the burgers, the Cobb salad, and the steak and cheese. Add to the good food, the friendly, helpful staff, both servers and cook and you have the perfect lunch. Beautiful view also!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank 1ghostlady
Wisconsin
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Good place for a craft beer and a burger.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Neat place, real wood paneling. Named for the men who helped fund John Brown's raid. They had some tap beers from a craft brewery Mountain State Brewing Co. Good Beer!

Visited September 2012