“Slow Service but good food”
Review of Secret Six Tavern - CLOSED

Secret Six Tavern
Reviewed October 24, 2011

We visited on a Saturday when it was incredibly busy. We waited awhile for our food, but had no complaints when we got it. I highly recommend the fish and chips. Our waitress was very nice even though she was running around a lot. The view was wonderful from the back deck. I recommend this place, but do not go if you are in a rush.

1  Thank MdKal
There are newer reviews for Secret Six Tavern

Reviewed October 17, 2011

On a recent visit to Harpers Ferry, we stopped off at the Secret Six Tavern for lunch. We were drawn here by the huge eating area overlooking the train depot and surrounding mountains. There is 25 wasted minutes of my life I can never get back.

After being seated, we kept waiting and waiting for the waitress to even acknowledge we were there. Every time she came around she did everything she could do to avoid eye so we could get her attention. If she would have at least came over and said hello we would have waited, but after 25 minutes of nothing we got up and left. Based on previous reviews, not only are we not alone, but apparently we did not miss anything.

4  Thank Mountaineer_Steve
Reviewed August 28, 2011

I was just passing by harpersferry and wanted to see what it was all about. As soon as we parked i seen this big deck hanging off the hill top and knew thats where we had to have lunch. It was busy there but we were waited on like we were the only ones there. Im not a beer drinker so when i asked our waitress about the beers, she let me try one to make sure i would liked it. The food was really good, i got the cobb salad and when they say its big, they mean really big but so good.

Reviewed July 27, 2011

My fiancee and I visited Harpers Ferry on 7/26/11 for the first. Very nice place. A hand full of places to pick from to eat at. But, I will say we had to pick the worst place to eat at. The Secret Six Tavern may look nice inside (compared to the outside history and age) plus I huge outside deck with tables. But DON'T let looks fool you. The place was not busy at all. I will say that we were seating quickly, but after that it went down hill. We were told when sitted our waitress will be right with us. Not alot to pick from on the menu. After about 10 mins the woman that sat us came back and said I will just take your order and put it in for the waitress so we aren't sitting longer than have to. We both ordered the Union Burger well done and 2 waters and also 2 glasses of wine. The woman tried to talk us out of the wine cause she didn't like it. (Well, we had it before and loved it!) The wine was brought to us in a timely manner. But, after waiting for almost 30 mins we were just about to put $20.00 on the table and walk out. That is far to long to wait for burgers! Not ant any point did the so called waitress stop by our table. Nor did the woman that sat us. So, as we agreed to leave the burgers came and were served to us by the waitress I think we were suppossed to get orginally. No Hi no nothing, just sat burgers down and left. So, since the burgers came we stayed and ate. The burgers were very charred on the outside and not cooked to the well done that we asked, but it was ok to ate because we were going to wait any longer we just wanted to finish and leave. The burgers really had no flavor. After we finished we waiting for another 10 mins before we finally waved over the waitress for our check. that's when she finally cracked a smile handing us our bill. Needless to say the tip was very low.
This is also a key point. The entire time we were there 3 tables that were seated about the same time and after us walked out. We should of followed them...LOL!!! We will return to Hapers Ferry but we will stay clear of this place!

5  Thank lionking73
Reviewed July 13, 2011

All the negative reviews blow my mind. The mushroom Swiss burger I ordered was incredible! Not only was the food good, but the waitress let us test out numerous wines before choosing what we wanted. oh and I can't forget about the john brown brownie sundae. Very tasty moist brownie in rich ice cream. Give it a shot!