“Absolutely Great B&B with tons of character”

Lily Garden Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 11 Harpers Ferry B&B and Inns
“Absolutely Great B&B with tons of character”
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Tony was amazing and his wife is a great cook! The room rates were very reasonable. We stayed in both the carriage house and below in "the hole" (i dont think they call it that but thats what is written cutely in the cement on the stoop). The carriage house has a beautiful living room with 15 foot ceilings and a second sleeping area loft above the master bedroom. Then the living area has french doors that open allowing for additional light and air. Its like a little apartment; the inn keepers have done a great job to make it feel like you already live there!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank epm96

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Bradenton
Reviewed September 8, 2011

We were fortunate to find the Camp Hill B&B and stayed in the carriage house. It is a wonderful homey place to stay and we loved absolutely everything about it. Great location in Harpers Ferry. If you stay and like to kayak make sure to contact BTI outfitters. We opted out of breakfast but from the guest register I think we might have missed out on something special.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JkgBradenton
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 5, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Camp Hill B&B over the 4th of July weekend, and had a great time. We stayed in the lower unit - the trundle, but it was perfect for us. The owner (Tony) was incredibly nice and friendly. He also makes one hell of a breakfast. We ended up getting the omlette all three days! It was very filling (came with toast, fruit bowl and juice) and really delicious. They were also kind enough to let us use their grill to grill up some steaks (as an alternative to going out to eat). They even shared some of their homemade desserts from their dinner one evening.

The location is pretty great too - close to town and walking distance to a couple stores (though the 7/11 is a longer walk). And the rivers and AT are just down the hill.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mdpilam
Claremont, California
Reviewed June 25, 2011

We stayed in the Carriage Suite at the Camp Hill Bed and Breakfast, and loved the location, the facilities, and the hosts. Tony is a wonderful host and he puts together a delicious and filling breakfast. The location is ideal for those wanting to explore Harper's Ferry and the adjoining areas. It is clean, quite, and comfortable. We did not require anything as Tony has thought of and provided everything that a visitor might need. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Carriage Suit is ideal for more than 2 people
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Saadullah
Reviewed May 29, 2011

What a find! We were fortunate enough to stay in the carriage house which has a living room with incredibly comfy furniture, a full kitchen, master bedroom, loft with queen size bed and very nice bathroom. The breakfast was beyond delicious!! Tony & Cherie offer 5 choices but we had the omelet and fruit both mornings and it would be hard to pass on either one of these. Another delightful touch is that Tony delivers breakfast at exactly the requested time and we were then able to enjoy it at our leisure in our own space. The carriage house
is spotlessly clean and delightful. We were also able to see the Trundle...it is every bit as delightful as the carriage house. It doesn't
have a living room but it is wonderful space as well. Camp Hill is situated in the historic district of Harpers Ferry and just about 1/2 mile from the town center. I couldn't recommend it more highly!

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank ohiorocks304
Reviewed May 29, 2011

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank Ohiorocks3
new haven, ct
Reviewed February 23, 2011

Wow. What can I say about this place? We tried to stay at the house that The Ledge has because they accept dogs there but it was booked. However they recommended we call Camp Hill because she said they would take dogs also. I am so glad that the other place was booked!

The carriage suite is a nice place to stay...unlike most B&B's and certainly most hotel rooms, it is decorated to the hilt. I'd say the decor is a cross between Calico Corners and Colonial with a touch of Frank Lloyd Wright, which may not be everyone's cup of tea and yet I liked it just because there was so much to look at...teddy bears, Civil War memorabilia/photos, a train I didn't even notice until I printed my pictures, twinkling lamps everywhere, comforters, flags, florals, multicoloured glass bottles in the windows that picked up the morning sun. When we arrived there was even a wax potpourri burning to welcome us. As there is a bedroom and a kitchenette there are all the things necessary to make an extended stay - ironing board, microwave, stove, fridge, coffeemaker, teapot, pots and pans, Franciscan English china, oven mitts, etc. Coffee, creamers, teas, sugar, salts and peppers provided. Also, a hair dryer (I lugged mine, so that would've been good to know). Color high def t.v. with cable. Good mattress. Ultra-soft bath towels and plenty of them, even the toilet paper was noticeably softer than my brand! Everything was so clean I was amazed, as I can't keep my knickknacks that dust-free at home. Double windows overlook side street, backyard, church steeple and Blue Ridge Mountains. Very quiet. Only sounds distant train whistle and birds singing.

The food? Breakfasts are great, and there is plenty to chow down on. We tried the chipped beef, the omelette and the waffles (if we'd been one more day we would've tried the pancakes, surely!). everything was wonderful. Tony brings it at your desired time on a big tray on a heated platter. Bowl of fresh fruit (kiwi, orange, berries, cherries etc.) with granola and coconut daily, and small bottle of OJ. Bacon I will dream about.

Whirlpool tub is nice. I noted some of the hot water comments here. The only trouble is if you are trying to wash dishes (as I was) while someone is in shower/tub, or if you try to fill tub up twice for two baths one right after the other.

I noticed a couple of board games, sidewalk chalk in a kitchen drawer, and there are playing cards. Also, books and magazines.

I could have stayed at the Comfort Inn down the hill, or the Quality Inn out of town, and had the dogs. I would have had to pay extra for the dogs, probably per diem, which would have ended up costing the same or more, and not had the ambience, the space, the amenities or the good cooking. All I didn't get were a little bottle of shampoo and maid service every day (which I prefer not to have on an extended visit when I decided to cook, etc.)

I can't recommend this place highly enough.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Hampton Inn & Suites Charles Town
Light Horse Inn
Light Horse Inn
#6 of 11 in Harpers Ferry

Been to Lily Garden Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!