“Dropped in for a beer”

Cuisines: Pub
San Antonio, Texas
“Dropped in for a beer”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I just dropped in for a beer, I am glad I didn't want to eat, the flies were bad.
Had a local brew, it was pretty good.

New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Our family went here for lunch and enjoyed a delicious meal and great drinks. The staff was courteous and knowledgable. We sat outside and enjoyed the atmosphere. I recommend this pub.

• Visited July 2014
Gainesville, FL
“Good beer at least”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We were told we wouldn't find anything open on a Monday night so we were happy to find Private Quinn's was open for business. The food was only so-so, but the barmaid was friendly and the local brews were good and cold. Unfortunately, after doing a bit more walking around downtown we found several restaurants that were open--and they looked much better than Quinn's.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Lucyspin
Dumont, New Jersey
“Not so great”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

The day we stopped here for a quick lunch, there was only one waiter. And it was a busy Friday in July. So, the meal was much longer than we planned.

The decor needs a little sprucing up. Too much junk all over. Seems like they need some storage spaces.

The food was fine, when it finally arrived. I had a hamburger that was tasty although way overcooked than the medium I ordered. My husband had a turkey sandwich that he said was fine.

Over all, lunch was more expensive for what it was. Don't think we'll be back when visiting Harper's Ferry.

Ocean City, Maryland
“Pick another place”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Expected more even though it's a bar & grille. Was in town for a wedding. Went to town for a quick grab for lunch to hold us over till the wedding. Ordered lunch, soda had ants (2) floating in the cup. Waitress replaced, brought sandwich which we split and one plate. My husband ate his sandwich on a napkin.

Sandwich actually tasted ok, but kept wondering if we were eating anything additional?

Service was quick, but waitresses were talking among themselves and not paying attention. Uniforms were tight and not flattering Ina respectable restaurant. I should have known better.