“Over priced and dissapointing.”
Review of Private Quinn's Pub - CLOSED

Private Quinn's Pub
Cuisines: Pub
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Over priced and dissapointing.”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We arrived at Harper's Ferry on a Sunday in the off season, so expectations where low. Upon strolling around we happen upon a sign, "Best fish and chips in town", perfect! Entering the lower half of the pub, we made our way up the narrow steps leading to the main level of the pub. I realize it is off season, and it is winter, but it was freezing inside! I had to wear a coat the entire time we where there. Following the suggestion, I order fish n chips, to my surprise, for $12.95, you get a single piece of over cooked, clearly frozen and grocery store quality fish, and a handful of fries. I was not immpressed at all! I expect to pay more for things in a tourist area, but they may as well just robbed me at the door.........

• Visited February 2014

Clarksville, Maryland
“Great place for a quick bite or a long session!”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I popped in with my wife and young son and we had some great food in a very nice environment. Would definitely return, and would love to spend a couple hours at the bar upstairs!

Visited February 2014
Somewhere
“Excellent Service & Food”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We ate here over the weekend of Nov 15-17. We've been to Harpers Ferry a few times but this is the first time we ever chose to eat at Private Quinn's pub. We didn't regret our decision! Where other restaurants in town are very slow, we found the service here excellent.
I was immediately struck by the lovable quirkiness of the inside. The building is very old and you can tell there have been additions, but I enjoyed that aspect. The bar was small, but fun so we sat there.
I got the crabcake pretzel roll sandwhich, and my husband ordered the chicken cordon bleu sandwhich. My crabcake sandwhich was awesome! It was a huge crabcake and well worth the $. While my husband's sandwhich was good, he was jealous of mine. ;) I also liked how you could choose your sides instead of lunch automatically coming with french fries. I choose coleslaw instead.
The bar tender was very personable and helpful. She couldn't serve us beers until 1pm (bc of WV laws) so we ended up coming back and buying a beer afterward. They had the local beer from Mountain State Brewery on tap and I went with the Pale Ale. I loved it!!! I also like when local businesses support each other.
Overall, this was a pleasant experience and we'll definitely come back!

• Visited November 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great food in an interesting setting”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Giving this a VG rating because the burgers really were delicious. We sat outside (up top) which has a great view of the street scene and railroad. Service was speedy and attentive. Very good microbrewery. The inside of the restaurant/bar area seemed a bit dirty/downtrodden though so I was glad to sit outside.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Susan116
Nebo, Illinois
“Remarkable Burgers!”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

If you only do one thing while visiting Harper’s Ferry, you have to stop by the Private Quinn's Pub and try one of their burgers. They also have an excellent selection of micro-brews too! Very close to Appalachian Trail and C&O Canal towpath. Great view, a real gem of a place.

• Visited April 2013