“Try the Tortilla Chips!”

The Anvil Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Casual dining in a rustic atmosphere. Established in 1985, local produce featured in season. OPEN Wednesday - Saturday 11 am to 9 pm, bar and slots open later. OPEN Sunday for brunch 10 am. Will open for private parties of 40 or more on Monday or Tuesday. Private rooms available for groups small to 100 inside. Tented patio for special outdoor events up to 150
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Good food, good service, good atmosphere, reasonable prices - recommended!

Try the Tortilla Chips - they are something special!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

This wasn't our first choice for dinner but we ended up here without knowing what to expect. It was dark and cozy, we sat in the bar. The menu is very concise and limited, apparently they are known for their crab cakes. We ordered the crab balls for an appetizer, Harvest Chicken for me, Prime Rib for my husband. The crab balls were amazing! Wow, they tasted well-seasoned, no filler, delicious and perfectly fried (not greasy). Made me wish I had ordered the crab cake entree. Salad was fine. Our wait time was reasonable, portions were generous. My Harvest Chicken was fantastic! Flavorful and rich, cooked in apple cider with apples and onions, served with mashed potatoes, which were also terrific. Husband enjoyed his Prime Rib which was cooked to his preference (med. rare). I honestly haven't stopped thinking about that chicken dish, tried to find a similar recipe online. Overall--reasonably priced, good service and delicious food. I would definitely return and recommend to others!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

The atmosphere here is nice, they have a good variety of choices.
Our service was excellent, and the food was good. Prices were average.
I would recommend trying it.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We dined at The Anvil on a Sunday evening and were seated in the dining room. Our meals were prepared well and were very good. Be sure to ask for the hot bread which is delicious.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

This is the only restaurant in Harper’s Ferry where you can purchase a mixed drink. Beer and wine are available in just about every restaurant in town, but due to some quirky law about houses of worship and establishments serving hard liquor, The Anvil is the only show in town. Oh yea, good food too!