“Good Entertainment, Not So Good Food”
Review of Vista Tavern & Grill - CLOSED

Vista Tavern & Grill
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: The White Horse Tavern in Harpers Ferry "Burger, Brews, and Bourbons", + wings, drink specials, daily happy hour, & satellite sports.
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The décor is rustic and a bit out of date. I liked the vaulted ceiling, but overall the place can use a face lift. The Elvis tribute show was definitely an experience. Although the impersonator did not resemble Elvis in looks, he put on a great show as he captivated the audience interacting during various classic songs.

Unfortunately the food was not as good as the show. My split pea soup was so thick it could be spread on bread like peanut butter. The hamburger was over cooked and our ribs did not have the barbeque flavor even though the barbeque was outside blazing.

Service and value were alright. Drinks were reasonable.

1  Thank Insbro

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Crab cake was great, homemade chips were excellent, steamed shrimp not so much slightly overcooked. Server was out of her element had no idea what was on her menu. And thanks to the loudmouth drunks at the bar had to shout at each other to be heard

3  Thank bobertb
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We decided to try this place out because of the Trip Advisor rating. Unfortunately, I think someone has been loading the reviews for this place. This was to be our final restaurant stop of our trip to Harper's Ferry and ended up being the only poor experience of our trip. We walked in and smelled stale tobacco smoke mixed with seafood. It was not overwhelming but didn't help with what ended up being a waste of time.
It was a fairly slow Sunday evening with about a dozen tables filled at most. A sign told us to seat ourselves so we did. It's a big wide open room, so it's easy to see anyone who comes through the door. Still, none of the staff paid us any attention. We waited for a while and when still no one came, I grabbed a menu left on another table and we looked it over for a while. We had everything picked out - drinks, appetizer and dinners - waiting for someone to come take our order, but every time a waitress came into the dining room she visited a few tables and didn't come near ours. The servers did not appear to be busy at all, they just didn't seem to care. I was a server for 10 years, I know it's not an easy job. This was not the case in this situation.
We started to assume that we must be invisible and were beginning to contemplate what fun things we could do with our newfound invisibility (trying to keep a light, positive attitude). Eventually, we decided it had gotten beyond ridiculous, so we walked out. We ended up going to Mena's Pizzeria, which got a bad review on Trip Advisor and we received super friendly service and some pretty good pizza. Go figure.

2  Thank Aaron H
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is rural country so, in my opinion, there are not a lot of options. Service and food were good. My son had ribs, hubby steak and I had scallops and all were cooked well.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I, like some other reviewers on here, was quite surprised at how good this place was! We had a restaurant.com coupon and gave it a try for lunch. We seated ourselves at a booth and were the only ones in the dining room- quite a few people were seated at the bar though. Our waitress was friendly and attentive- she kept me in iced tea which always scores a bonus with me. I had fried scallops with a baked potato- really, really good. This restaurant is focused on seafood, but my husband had a buffalo chicken wrap with fries and it was good as well. We will definitely be repeat customers as we live in town and I am a seafood lover : ) Also, step out into the hotel lobby if you are a history buff like I am. You will appreciate the paintings that document Harper's Ferry's founders, flood, etc.