“Food was good” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vista Tavern & Grill - CLOSED

Vista Tavern & Grill
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The White Horse Tavern in Harpers Ferry "Burger, Brews, and Bourbons", + wings, drink specials, daily happy hour, & satellite sports.
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Food was good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

Crab cake was great, homemade chips were excellent, steamed shrimp not so much slightly overcooked. Server was out of her element had no idea what was on her menu. And thanks to the loudmouth drunks at the bar had to shout at each other to be heard

Visited November 2013
3 Thank bobertb

Lititz, Pennsylvania
“No one ever came to the table”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

We decided to try this place out because of the Trip Advisor rating. Unfortunately, I think someone has been loading the reviews for this place. This was to be our final restaurant stop of our trip to Harper's Ferry and ended up being the only poor experience of our trip. We walked in and smelled stale tobacco smoke mixed with seafood. It was not overwhelming but didn't help with what ended up being a waste of time.
It was a fairly slow Sunday evening with about a dozen tables filled at most. A sign told us to seat ourselves so we did. It's a big wide open room, so it's easy to see anyone who comes through the door. Still, none of the staff paid us any attention. We waited for a while and when still no one came, I grabbed a menu left on another table and we looked it over for a while. We had everything picked out - drinks, appetizer and dinners - waiting for someone to come take our order, but every time a waitress came into the dining room she visited a few tables and didn't come near ours. The servers did not appear to be busy at all, they just didn't seem to care. I was a server for 10 years, I know it's not an easy job. This was not the case in this situation.
We started to assume that we must be invisible and were beginning to contemplate what fun things we could do with our newfound invisibility (trying to keep a light, positive attitude). Eventually, we decided it had gotten beyond ridiculous, so we walked out. We ended up going to Mena's Pizzeria, which got a bad review on Trip Advisor and we received super friendly service and some pretty good pizza. Go figure.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Aaron H
Riverside, Illinois, United States
“A good choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is rural country so, in my opinion, there are not a lot of options. Service and food were good. My son had ribs, hubby steak and I had scallops and all were cooked well.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Charles Town, West Virginia
“Delicious Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

I, like some other reviewers on here, was quite surprised at how good this place was! We had a restaurant.com coupon and gave it a try for lunch. We seated ourselves at a booth and were the only ones in the dining room- quite a few people were seated at the bar though. Our waitress was friendly and attentive- she kept me in iced tea which always scores a bonus with me. I had fried scallops with a baked potato- really, really good. This restaurant is focused on seafood, but my husband had a buffalo chicken wrap with fries and it was good as well. We will definitely be repeat customers as we live in town and I am a seafood lover : ) Also, step out into the hotel lobby if you are a history buff like I am. You will appreciate the paintings that document Harper's Ferry's founders, flood, etc.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

We went to dinner at Vista Tavern this past weekend when we visited Harpers Ferry based on other tripadvisor recommendations. The menu is primarily seafood (crab, shrimp, etc.) with only a couple of non-fish entrees. Sandwiches offer more of a selection but if you are allergic to or not a fan of seafood, choices may be limited. Although the dining room was almost full, there was not a line waiting to be seated but it was busy. We were able to seat ourselves and the waitress eventually came to our table. There were several missteps and forgotten items. The kitchen didn't seem to know their menu either and what went with entrees. When we did get our food, it was good (grilled swordfish was fresh and tasty). Unfortunately service was not very efficient and staff did not seem to work together to help each other. May have been a bad night but I wouldn't hurry back there should I visit the area again.

• Visited August 2013