“Amazing food. Average ambiance”
Review of Vista Tavern & Grill - CLOSED

Vista Tavern & Grill
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: The White Horse Tavern in Harpers Ferry "Burger, Brews, and Bourbons", + wings, drink specials, daily happy hour, & satellite sports.
Orlando, Florida
“Amazing food. Average ambiance”
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Don't judge a book by its cover. There is amazing food and service served here! We had the Rack of Ribs and NY Strip and both were delicious. Very tender and cooked properly. Their home made dressings are also wonderful.

1 Thank J B

Bethesda, Maryland
“Most of food and service very good with one exception”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We read the positive reviews of this restaurant, so chose it for our one dinner in Harper's Ferry. My wife liked her steamed shrimp and salad. I ordered the fresh fish platter. The crab cake and fried shrimp were very good, but the fish filet was not a fresh filet. It was like a big fish stick and not very good. The service was excellent and the atmosphere family-friendly. I'd go back, but would stick to the crab cakes and shrimp.

1 Thank DavidDavidDavid
North Beach, Maryland
“Surprisingly good food”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I never expect much from hotel restaurants. But this place surprised me! Much of the food here is made from scratch, they even make their own potato chips. I had the cream of crab soup in a bread bowl and it was delicious. The even pick their own crabs (yes, I could tell because I got a few tiny chunks of shell, which is the true sign of genuine crab soup!) for the soup rather than buy cans of imitation crab meat.

An appetizer to share, my soup, and my boyfriends hamburger/chips was less than $30, which is always a nice as well!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank ehamilton4
“Great Find!!!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

After reading reviews, we decided to try Vista Tavern. The motel was deceiving...I thought I was going into a bar. It was filled with locals and the service was great. We had the crab dip, fried scallops and a crab cake. Every bit of it was wonderful! Highly recommend it for good good! The crab items are great and made in house.

1 Thank Dackwest
Long Island, NY
“Cheap beers, solid food”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Didn't have high expectations considering it was the hotel restaurant for a Quality, but the place is very good. Was very happy to be charged under $2 for pints of Yuengling, and also very happy with the Buffalo Chicken wrap I got. Should I ever be back in Harpers Ferry, I would try to go again - especially on a night when they had Karaoke.

Visited June 2013