“Thumbs up!”
Review of Vista Tavern & Grill - CLOSED

Vista Tavern & Grill
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: The White Horse Tavern in Harpers Ferry "Burger, Brews, and Bourbons", + wings, drink specials, daily happy hour, & satellite sports.
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Thumbs up!”
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Inside the Quality Inn. This restaurant was cozy. We took a booth and enjoyed crab fries, buffalo chicken wrap, steak and cheese on a toasted hoagie roll, and a turkey burger. All items were not too salty, perfectly portioned, and we left nothing behind on our plates. The unsweetened iced tea was great. Lots of ice. Maybe I'd ask for less than half a cup of ice if I go back. Our waitress was nice and had a total of 4 tables. Not very crowded. Ample parking. The four of us got out paying 54.00 without tip.
I would definitely go back.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank sle79

New Delhi, India
“Best meal of the trip,,, huge portions”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Travelling with an extended family though USA , and that too with one vegetarian and one person allergic to eggs makes each meal and selection of restaurants a challenge, so when we decided to eat the Vista Tavern located in the hotel we were staying at , partially motivated by the 10% discount coupon for it given to us on check in and the sheer convenience of not having to to drive back to the hotel after the meal , it turned out to be an amazing decision. The food was wonderful, my wife had the Smoked BBQ Baby rack, she struggled with the 1/2 rack ,, my sister in law and I opted for the 1/2 pound Tavern Steamed Shrimp, the portion seemed gigantic and endless, kudos to the chef for that recipe, the others opted for more standard fare like Fried Shrimp basket , Fish and chips, we worked out a few veggie sides for the vegetarian in our midst . An amazing meal

Visited May 2013
1 Thank prateekchawla
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Great!”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Food and service was great. Quick walk from the KOA. They had the video game machines that kept my sons interest. It was almost like we were having an adult dinner! It was a cozy and welcoming place. We will definitely eat here next time we overnight at the KOA.

Visited July 2012
Richmond, Virginia
“Hit and Miss”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Read the great reviews so was rather disappointed with the food and service. We were a group of 12 and overall no one hated their food but most said 'it's okay'. I ordered the fish and chips but was tempted to send it back when 2 "frozen fish sticks" was set in front of me. Very small place but we still had to keep flagging the waitress down to get refills or our checks. Would not return even though it was convient to walk over here from the KOA campground next door.

• Visited May 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“So surprising!”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

My [adult] daughter and I decided to do a spontaneous road trip today to Harpers Ferry, West Virginia. We live in the DC area and are definitely "foodies" so our expectations were very low. I am also a recreational chef so neither of us were expecting the quality of food that was served to us at Vista. We ordered the fried scallop plate and fried clam/shrimp plate. The scallops were cooked perfectly, the clams were tasty and tender, and the shrimp were good and very plentiful. We were also impressed by the sauces. The tartar sauce had a lemony kick (I'm thinking they added zest) and they served a "spicy ranch" - which wasn't spicy but was delicious. We definitely recommend this place. Don't judge Vista Tavern and Grill by its appearance and location - it was fantastic.

• Visited April 2013