“Timeless!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Civil War Living History Museum
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a unique museum . We used to be located in the Harpers Ferry KOA. We were asked to leave there so we have changed our museum to a mobile one. Please contact us if you have a desire or need for living history to be brought to you
Reviewed July 18, 2014

This is very good to bring to life the story of John Brown,will give you the feeling of stepping back in time, and if your not careful might make you scream alittle LOL. Very fun !

Marsha W, Owner at Civil War Living History Museum, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2014

Thank you fr visiting our museum while you wre camping at the Harpers Ferry KOA. Thanks for taking the time to wrte the trip advisor review.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

I am from Northern Virginia and have visited Harper's Ferry and the surrounding area with my parents and siblings since I can remember; for hunting, fishing, boy scout camps, folk tours, etc. Tom and Marsha, the curators at this quaint little museum, have one of the best collections of historical documents, books, pictures, and relics in the region. They are extremely friendly and more than willing to discuss any of the pieces they have in their museum with visitors. The location is great (right on KOA property) and the additional entertainment they provide -- bluegrass bands and antique, time-period gun showings -- make this a must see for any tourists to Harper's Ferry National Historical Park, especially families. Highly recommended.

2  Thank Danny P

Thank you for visiting our museum. We are glad that your children enjoyed the cannon firing.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I was surprised at how friendly the staff was to my kids and how they took the time to rxplain things and how they let the kids touch eveything in the museaum. Thanks for a great visit and the cannon firing on saturday made my kids day

5  Thank pwoods355
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We come here often to visit and was surprised again !! Every time Tom and Marsha have something new to their PERSONAL COLLECTION!! The time and hours they devote to spreading their knowledge of the Civil war amazes me. My son was chosen to ring the bell, and received an AWESOME Authentic Civil War Bullet in a Display Case just for being chosen. I'm truly amazed how 2 wonderful people put their Time and MONEY out to Share their passion and knowledge on the civil war. This is a MUST STOP whenever we are in the area. Thanks Again for an Experience that will last a lifetime - Also found 2 - Harper's Ferry Bullets while Metal Detecting in the area !

7  Thank mdbowhunter

Thank you for coming back to the museum this season. We appreciate your donation to the museum of the Harpers Ferry Civil war bullets