“Cute and Quirky!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2014

The food was just average, as noted by other reviewers, but the experience was...different! You feel like you are eating in a store (the shelves are stocked), and only about a half dozen or so tables are in there. BUT they are open until 9 (a lot of others closed early) and had some unique sights (upstairs bathroom and decor). It's a one-time experience that piqued our curiosity and seemed to fit in with Harper's Ferry itself.

2  Thank paulalois99

Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Visited a number of lower town eateries during a weekend trip to Harpers Ferry. This establishment is clearly the best. They offer made from scratch cuisine which was very delicious. My favorite was the house cut french fries with a perfect amount of seasoning on them. The staff was wonderful and the prices were acceptable and I would highly recommend it to anybody looking for a great place to eat in the Lower Town area. Excellent execution all around. Will return next time I am in the area.

1  Thank C4L-VA
Reviewed April 17, 2014

The building, in lower town Harpers Ferry, has a lot of character. It is on High Street, which has very limited parking. You can walk up stairs from the lot near the train station. The inside eating area is very small. There are shelves around the walls holding a variety of items, from food and drink items to lotions, books and camping supplies. Very quirky. Service was prompt and very friendly. The menu is limited, and the portion sizes are average. I found the hand-cut fries surprisingly tasteless. My hamburger was juicy. The crab cake sandwich was just average. Prices seemed fair.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

This restaurant was recommended to us by the people at River Riders (outdoor adventures). We were ravenous after a full day of rafting and zip lining. We found the restaurant empty but quaint. We sat on the portico. The servers and staff were chatty and friendly. We both ordered the cheeseburger and fries (wow..handcut). Delicious, moist burger made by hand!!! Cold beer. YUM. Then..our waitress informed us she took homemade peach cobbler out of the oven. WITH vanilla ice cream on TOP!!! I felt like a kid I was so happy. Feeling full, we drove back to Havre de Grace, MD happy, sunburned,and full! We will be back.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

The historical building drew us in because it looked so charming and was one of the few places open off-season. The atmosphere was warm and inviting, the service was friendly and efficient, but we felt the food was way over-priced. My chicken pot-pie was delicious, but it came in a very small bowl and cost $8.00 My husband had the shepherd's pie which was equally as good, but small, as well. Nothing came on the side with either of these dishes. Again, the food was good but be prepared for not having your hunger satisfied.