“Good food, friendly service”

Mena's Pizzeria & Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Baltimore, Maryland
“Good food, friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in on a cold Sunday afternoon, we were the only customers at first. We were greeted immediately. Food was very good; the fries were hot and crispy and my wife's sub was perfect. The stuffed shells special was a winner and the staff was very open to my requests for meatballs and more sauce, etc. The service was friendly but a little slow, as happens when a place is empty. The decor is simple but bright, restrooms are clean. Parking in back...rare in HF. Will definitely come back as we also have been frustrated by the lack of good food options in HF.

1 Thank JeffKite

Slanesville
“GREAT VALUE FOR THE MONEY”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

Very good Italian food in a simple setting. If you want fancy go somewhere else, excellent value for the money spent, good basic food and lots of it. Staff is friendly and the service prompt.

• Visited November 2013
Dallas, TX
“Good twice in a row”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

I was there October 2012 and again this month. The place has no pretense or contrived atmosphere, but the food is very good and reasonably priced, especially in the context of Harpers Ferry tourism. One could do worse.

Visited November 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Fine food, gigantic portions”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I've eaten in a lot of Italian restaurants like this over the years: lineoleum floors and formica tables with a countertop in the back to order.

I will give them a thumbs-up for being open on a Sunday night, because apparently nothing in Harpers Ferry is. The food was fine... really not more than that. I had a salami sub and it was jam-packed with salami, slathered with mayonnaise and covered in toppings. It was so large I could've easily eaten half for dinner and the other half for lunch, but we were on a bike trip and I didn't want the mayonnaise to spoil.

The whole restaurant smelled like delicious pizza, but they'd apparently shut the oven down for the night. Even though it was 8:30 and purportedly they didn't close until 9, it was practically deserted and we were handed our food in to-go bags. I can take a hint...

Bottom line: Fine food, gigantic portions, mediocre service.

• Visited October 2013
Lititz, Pennsylvania
“Saved the night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

We went to Vista Tavern and ended up leaving because they never came to our table. It was our last night in town and it was disappointing to have the one bad experience on the last night. However- we ended up giving this place a try instead and it was the exact opposite. Super friendly server and the food was great! We didn't get anything fancy- salads, slice of pizza and a pepperoni roll. It was all tasty though, especially the roll that I got. I will have to return for one of those during the next trip. So, thank you, Mena's for saving the night! Definitely recommend!

• Visited October 2013