“elegant and comfortable”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harpers Ferry
West Ridge Hollow B&B
Ranked #7 of 11 Harpers Ferry B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 15, 2012

W. Ridge Hollow is an unusual b& b experience in many ways. The hosts have filled the space with exquisite art objects from Mexico - a different kind of americana. We stayed in a suite that included a porch with hammocks and a sauna. The privacy was refreshing. So was the hospitality and food - farm-fresh eggs with pico de gallo and avocado. We will definitely try to visit again! Muy linda!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank WvFogies W

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Our stay at West Ridge Hollow B&B was a much needed restful escape from the city. Peggy, her husband and Bones the dog all treated us with warm hospitality. If you're looking for a clean, friendly and comfortable escape from the every day race, West Ridge Hollow B&B is perfect. Great location, large space, tasty breakfast and kind and knowledgeable hosts. Thank you for making our stay in Harpers Ferry so memorable!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Taylor B
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We would highly recommend West Ridge Hollow--clean, beautiful, quiet and accommodating. This B&B is in a scenic, quiet neighborhood. We got a great dinner recommendation and enjoyed the short walk and the delicious dinner. We stayed in the lower level of the house and had a lovely room with a comfortable bed, clean bathroom and access to a deck, pool table and TV. Very relaxing. The proprietor was very hospitable and packed a fabulous breakfast for us since we had to depart very early. We were riding our bikes and had an ambitious schedule to keep, so she offered to drive us to the bike trail which saved a good bit of time. Loved it and would go back if we find ourselves in Harpers Ferry again!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Phelen1503
Reviewed June 2, 2012

We stayed there about a month ago. The pictures don't do the place justice! We stayed on the bottom floor so we had an entire level to ourselves. We had a nice sized bedroom, full closet, bathroom (that we did not have to share with anyone) kitchen area, sauna, pool table (which plays great), living room with a flat screen tv and the best part was a walk out porch with hammocks and a comfortable bench. It was so beautiful there. The back of the house is nestled into the woods. It is a very relaxing place to be.

The place is really well maintained and you could not ask for nicer hosts. Jay and Peggy were awesome! I have to tell you too that the breakfast they made was out of this world! Everything was prepared fresh, zero short cuts. I have not had a breakfast like that since I was a kid at my Grammy’s table. They sure do put on a great spread!

My other half has a serious fishing problem. Peggy went out of her way to find the best spots to fish. They are lovely people with a great B&B. I don’t think I can say enough great things about this B&B or Jay and Peggy. You’re missing out if you stay at another place. I can’t wait to go back!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michele S
Reviewed May 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed at West Ridge Hollow for a getaway weekend. We had the upstairs bedroom which has a private bath. It was clean, beautifully decorated and very peaceful. The B&B location is at the top of the hill in Harper's Ferry so the view is full of trees and there was a wonderful breeze. We took a walk from the B&B through town all the way to the restaurants and historic area. We enjoyed the stroll and stopping into the stores along the way, but note that it is about a 20 minute walk - especially the uphill walk back to the B&B. The breakfast was delicious and the hosts were very friendly. We would come back again!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JSBND01
Reviewed May 12, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at West Ridge Hollow for two nights while we were cycling on the C & O trail and can say it was one of the best B & B experiences we've ever had. Our "room" was really a suite with living room, full bath, porch, hand built sauna and full sized refrigerator. The space was exceptionally clean and well appointed without being prissy. The proprietors, Peggy and Jay, were extremely helpful without being intrusive, suggesting places to visit, things to do and their favorite restaurants. They also provided an area in their garage for us to store our bicycles. Peggy fixed a healthy and delicious breakfast, including her homemade tomatillo salsa. We felt that they went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable.
The Hollow is tucked away in a quiet cul de sac, looking out into a beautiful woods. Perfect for traveling with family, friends or for a romantic getaway. I would absolutely return and recommend to friends!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pollyanna-ish
Reviewed April 13, 2012

My girlfriend and I thoroughly enjoyed our two night stay at West Ridge in late March. The defining characteristic of the B&B was its space. Our accommodations were basically the size of an apartment; complete with kitchenette, full sized sauna, living room (with a pool table!) and a deck, with hammock, that led right into hiking trails that looped all around Harper's Ferry and into the mountains. Well worth the price in just that regard but people make the place and Peggy, Jay and Bones (dog) were great to talk to when we had the chance. They felt like people we had known for years. I should also comment on the great food and how Peggy was accommodating to my restricted diet. Finally, don't be dissuaded by the location that is not directly in the center of historic Harper's Ferry but rather a seven minute walk away, thorough an incredibly quaint town by the way. We heard about so many people who stayed in the town center complain of the proximity to the train and how loud it was at night, so you are better off at West Ridge anyway. I don't do the review thing often but my positive experience has compelled me to let everyone know to not miss out on this place.
-Richard G

#4 of 11 in Harpers Ferry
Light Horse Inn
Light Horse Inn
#5 of 11 in Harpers Ferry

Been to West Ridge Hollow B&B? Share your experiences!