“Don't bother”

Cuisines: American
Description: Find reviews on Yelp
Description: Find reviews on Yelp
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Nice server, but a long wait for food, and it was mediocre when it finally got there. Potatoes were underdone, and when this was pointed out to the cook, she resisted doing anything about them, saying "it will take 22 minutes" to get them up to par. She finally took them back, but we never got them back before finishing the rest of the meal, so we had them deducted from the bill.

1  Thank drynoc

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

That is what my wife reports.. But serves her right for ordering a sangria in rural harpers ferry..
Waiters are too busy to handle the traffic this place gets. And so does the kitchen : 22 minutes from order to table. Now, about the chef. S/he must be the laziest person around. I suspect that if the food could have been sourced directly from another restaurant , he would have done it.
The food we ordered had ingredients that I could recognize - deli coleslaw, store made quiche, chips from lays - all just thrown together on a plate. And the price does really shock you .
They understand that their closest competition is an ice cream place that also serves hot dogs.
If you ever find yourself at the end of the hike and this place is the only option .. Go to a 711 and eat their hot dog.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Went for lunch the other day with my husband and would not recommend this restaurant. The service was nice but the cheeseburger my husband ordered was one of the most over done burgers we've received. The bun was even over toasted. I feel bad saying this since our server was so kind. I feel if they put more effort in their food quality things would be better for them.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We visited last Sunday for lunch. I have to say that the service was good. Our waitress knew the menu and made the suggestion that I sub a salad for my side for a cheaper price than paying for the 8.99 salad for my not-so-hungry daughter. After seeing the less than creative salad (with runny ranch dressing), I am happy I didn't feel burned over the 8.99 entree size. I got the roasted turkey panini for 12.99 which sounded great but was more like the deli meat in the tub from the supermarket and some cheese on some kind of grilled mystery bread. It was edible, but it was by no means a 12.99 sandwich. Also, a word of advice to those who like to imbibe but are not familiar with the local laws: no booze served on Sundays until after 1. Overall, not a horrible experience when you factor in the limited choices in this location but next time I'll look for another option.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stopped at Coach House for lunch on a warm afternoon. Two servers were serving outside. One was efficient and pleasant... we got the other one. Waited for her to get our order... waited for the food, while watching diners at other tables get their orders quickly and with a smile... waited for the water glass being refilled (never happened). Finally she shows up and while one of us is still eating, asks if he was done. Whaa? Getting the check took a while, too. It was after 2pm on a weekday and they were not busy at all - no excuse for slow service and for the surliness.
The food was more creative than we expected, and tasty. I liked the tricolor potato salad. A bit pricey, but this was to be expected in such a touristy location. We would have enjoyed it a lot more if the service was decent.