“Fine- I arrived hungry and left full”

Hannah's Train Depot
Ranked #14 of 25 Restaurants in Harpers Ferry
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood
Centreville, Virginia
“Fine- I arrived hungry and left full”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My friends and I chose this place because she has a daughter named Hannah and the attached train car was neat. The meal was decent and reasonably priced Seemed like a lot of things were from a can or otherwise heated up. I had a fried chicken sandwich. It tasted fine but probably began its day in the freezer.

• Visited March 2013

Frankfort, Illinois
“Good, for the most part.”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Sounds silly, but as we were walking around Harpers Ferry, my husband and I saw this place and chose to check it out...because my name is Hannah, haha. Cute place! Couldn't quite figure out where to go to eat inside, so we went outside since it was a nice day. My husband thought his sandwich was pretty good. I really liked my Philly Cheesesteak sandwich.

I didn't mind that we were served with plasticware, as some people have complained about, but maybe that's because we ate outside so I didn't think anything of it. Figured it made for easier cleanup.

Our server was ok. Wasn't very personable, but wasn't rude either. Fairly attentive.

We thought the food was good overall, but if we're ever back in the area, we will probably explore another option for food.

• Visited October 2012
Frederick, Md.
“Tourist trap”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Hannah's Train Depot lured me in with the smoker on the deck and the attractive decor. The food, however, is overpriced and mediocre at best. The best feature was the friendly waitress who steered us to order the barbeque which was okay. I watched other people in the restaurant express displeasure with their selections. Next time, I will try a different restaurant.

• Visited November 2012
Brooklyn, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hannah's Train Wreck”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

When researching a place to eat while in HF, i found the tripadvisor listing for Hannahs.. It seemed like a quaint, cool place and was then really in the mood for some good BBQ. Upon arriving, I saw the cooker outside ( it was not on), but thought that was a nice touch. After ordering, we were given plastic ware, which i thought was maybe a bad sign. The kitchen area is open and i heard a lot of "beeps" ( Chef Mic, as i like to call it). My nephew and i ordered the pulled pork with fries and veg o day ( greenbeans). it was obvious they came from a can, but were at least not terribly overcooked and mushy. the pork had a good texture, but was bland and the BBQ sauce seemed very thin and generic. My dad and other nephew had the chili cheese dog with fries and baked beans ( also straight from the can i believe). I did enjoy the fries.

pros- the server was nice and came back for refills, the decor was cute

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Crystal S
Greenville, South Carolina
“Food in a pinch!”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Their pulled pork sandwich is very tasty. The nachos, not so much! The decor is very cool, and the staff is really nice!

Visited September 2012