Teahorse Hostel
Quality Inn(Harpers Ferry)(Great Value!)
$87
Clarion Inn Harpers Ferry(Harpers Ferry)(Great Value!)
$123
$102
Agoda.com
$80
Motel 6 Charles Town(Charles Town)
$75
$194
Home2.com
$55
  • Breakfast included
Rodeway Inn & Suites(Charles Town)(Great Value!)
$72
RodewayInn
All reviewswaffle breakfastanyone travelingtrain stationother travelersnice staytwo nightshikersshuttlemilecanalfridgeconversationprivacy
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here to end our trip on the C & O towpath and ended up using Laurel's Shuttle Service back to our car. Not only was she kind and helpful, but her accommodations were excellent. Very clean and comfortable..she sets the standard. Added bonus, of course, waffles with orange juice and fruit for breakfast hit the spot in the morning. Highly recommend the Teahorse Hostel.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ryank71
Teahorse_Hostel, Owner at Teahorse Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

We enjoyed having you both! Come again!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

My family was hiking the Maryland section of the Appalachian Trail over spring break. We arrived at Laurel's lovely hostel after driving in from Cincinnati. This was my children's first experience staying in one. After a great nights sleep in a clean and comfortable guest room we woke up to a great breakfast of waffles, fruit, juice and coffee. Laurel then drove us in our car to Pen Mar park where we began our hike back to Harpers Ferry. We then were able to hike from Pen Mar to the Tea Horse Hostel where Laurel had our care waiting for us.

We really had a fantastic time at this hostel and it was a great start to our trip.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank RoadtriptheWorld
Teahorse_Hostel, Owner at Teahorse Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

I remember hearing about the other travels that your family has been on - you guys are not strangers to adventure. Thank you for writing. Come back next time to hike northern Virginia on the AT!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Laurel stayed up late for my late arrival. Very clean, welcoming place to stay for a hiker. Breakfast is included in price and was very good. Will stay there next year on my thru hike! Harpers Ferry a cool place to visit.

• Stayed: September 2012
Teahorse_Hostel, Owner at Teahorse Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thank you for writing - and I will look for you next year for your thru-hike!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

For those of you who have not hosteled before this wuold be a great introduction-but be warned that this will also be one of the best. Laurel has it down. A veteran traveler herself she has taken her learned experiences form her trips and brought back the best into this warm, friendly, squeaky clean hostel. Hot showers (x2) comfortable beds, warm rooms, locked bike storage and did I mention it is all REALLY clean? When we were there Laurel offered to drive us out to a dinner stop as we had just finished a leg of the C&O and were pretty beat. We didn't take her up on this as there is a quality restaurant right next door and a decent Italian place within walking. But the offer was genuine and appreciated. The waffle and fruit breakfast, hot coffee and ice cream in the fridge were all well done. Laurel truly loves this business and enjoys talking with the quests and making everyone welcome. Great stay!

Room Tip: there are two rooms, one larger and with more beds than the other, but both are quiet and peaceful.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank dbruening

Thank you for writing about your experience at the Teahorse! It was a delight to have "the Brothers" at my hostel and be part of the memory you were making for your bike trip. Come again!

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I won't be able to say in this short space how much my wife and I appreciated all of Laurel's help during our stay at the Teahorse Hostel. We stayed two nights before our planned hike of the Maryland portion of the AT. On our 3rd day, Laurel shuttled us up to Pen Mar and we had arranged to have her swap out a bag with us on our 2nd night on the trail. Unfortunately, my wife became ill on the second day, and we had to have Laurel change her schedule to meet us at a different location. She then arranged for us to have our own room so we wouldn't share our gift with the other guests. She even drove us to the train station the next day instead of us walking to 1.2 miles. We will be coming back to finish the Maryland AT and will definitely stay at the Teahorse again. It is extremely clean and cozy. The waffles are awesome. Thanks for everything, Laurel!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for writing. I enjoyed meeting you and your wife and glad I could help . I remember you well, especially the conversations about your international travels!