“Must visit!! Old Fashioned burgers and ice cream, really tasty!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Swiss Miss

Swiss Miss
Ranked #2 of 2 Dessert in Harpers Ferry
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Hello... Please, I need someone to contact me immediately. I DID NOT submit anything to anyone stating that the location is closed...and that status needs to be changed immediately. The town is already going through some disruptive, poorly scheduled construction, and now this major 'business impacting' issue on top of it. How can this happened, how is it allowed to happen, and an investigation needs opened immediately, to see who/how they did it. Thank you, Keith Marks 240-457-2438
Barcelona, Spain
“Must visit!! Old Fashioned burgers and ice cream, really tasty!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Such a nice old fashioned burger and ice cream joint with a personality! The staff was really friendly as well! I had a turkey burger which was amazing! It was seasoned perfectly, juicy and very flavorful. Just what I needed after bike riding! The hefty serving of shoe string fries was perfectly crunchy, and the sweet potato fries were rich and hearty. We had the flavor of the week soft serve, peach, in a waffle cone. It was extremely creamy and richer than expected for soft serve. I'll be craving it for weeks! We would definitely recommend this restaurant to fellow travelers. Don't miss it!

• Visited August 2014

Reston, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Custard!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

We looked at a couple of places before deciding to try Swiss Miss. They had a lot of options including hand-dipped ice cream, soft-serve custard, sno-cones, sundaes, and milk shakes (we heard people raving over the peach milkshake made with locally grown peaches). We got a large frozen custard - raspberry/vanilla swirl. It was huge and under $5.00 including tax. Very smooth, very tasty. Don't let the long line deter you. This place will hit the spot!

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Shepherdstown, West Virginia
“Frozen Custard is Worth a Special Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

The frozen custard is wonderful. We often drive to Harpers Ferry just to get this treat. Service is great.

• Visited June 2014
Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

Great food but not expensive. The chicken salad was the delicious as was the pulled pork. The service was great. Exceeded our expectations as it is a very small deli with a lot of ice cream!

Visited July 2014
Gainesville, Virginia
“If u have kids do not enter”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Rude owners...wriped 4 straws from 3 year old hands when he was quietly playing with them at our table and put in trash with words r waisting our straw sipplies" when i dared to speak up that it's not nice way to treat a child they told me to leave and that they don't need me business. Parent beware!

4 Thank ledovka
Stanley333, Owner at Swiss Miss, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
I have never responded to a review (good or bad), as they are extremely subjective. Everyone has an opinion and everyone has bad days...on both sides of the counter. Yet as the owner (as well as my manager) we make it a priority to address any reported issue(s) immediately, as we take great pride in our customer service and the quality of the products we serve.

I will first apologize if your child suffers from some sort of affliction/syndrome, but this review is so far from what really occurred the morning of the July 4th, I felt I needed to respond. The ladies (2 mothers and a grandmother themselves) that were handling the situation, could not believe what went on the dining room that day.

The child was allowed to destroy the July 4th decorations we had set out on ALL the tables in the dining room, while screaming the entire time. The screaming was so prolonged (for close to an hour), that several customers in the dining room asked if we could either give them a to-go box, or changed their orders to go. Some, simply walked out.... I am not sure if the reason the child was handed straw after straw to rip up, was an attempt to stop the screaming, but the only time someone said anything to you, was when the manager finally (I say finally, because she knows what a stickler I am about customer service) said, 'ma'am, we are not a franchise, and have to pay for all of our supplies, so could you please stop the child from tearing through one straw after another. She did not ask you to leave, or say that we did not want your business.