“Best custard in town!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Port Jefferson, New York
“Best custard in town!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We frequent historical Harpers Ferry at least twice a year (we have family nearby) and it wouldn't be official without stopping down at Swiss Miss! Their egg custard is to die for! We have 3 children, 1 under 2 and this last time I went they gave me a complimentary cone for the baby! I was so surprised, but i thought that it was really sweet that they did that! There are two benches out front which are rarely empty but we got lucky on our last trip, so we grabbed a spot and took in the view!

• Visited June 2012

Bushnell, Fl
“Only if you have no other options”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

My Family and I traveled to Harpers Ferry National Park on Christmas Eve. Of corse we got hungry and almost everything was closed due to it being off season and Christmas Eve. We found this small dinner and had lunch. Our first thought were wow this is small our family of 6 had to sit at 2 different tables. The food was very overpriced expecially for the size and quality. As far as service goes, there was one lady who worked there, she fixed your food after you wrote everything down and gave the list to her. The food was not very tastful. More like processed steak and hamburger patties. She even forgot to give us lettuce and tomato. The restuarant was not very clean and even all of the Coke decorations were covered in dust. Also the only bathromm was located after walking through the kitchen and the sink to wasj your hands was back in the kitchen. There were even wires hanging from the ceiling. I would not return here or reccommend going here unless there were no other options.

• Visited December 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars
Lovettsville, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great frozen custard but poor business ethic.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

I have been to this restaurant many times over the past 10 years or so. Their frozen custard is delicious and you get a large portion. Last week I visited and bought frozen custard for myself, my kids and my father. I used my checkcard to pay. I noticed the following day that the charge had come through twice. Figured it was just an error. Called the Swiss Miss to tell them what happened and I was told to call back the following day. I said that I didn't want to wait and gave the girl the date and amount of my purchase and told her I would call back in a few hours. I called back and she said that she hadn't had time to look up my receipt because she'd had a lot of customers (note that school was back in session for all the surrounding counties, and it was mid morning) and again told me to call back the following day. I told her that was unacceptable and she then told me that the banks have been putting through double charges for over a month and that the manager wanted her to take my name and address and that she could send me a copy of my receipt. I told her that I had a copy of my receipt and what I wanted was the 2nd charge backed out and she told me she was sorry but could not help. People might want to think about using cash when buying anything from this restaurant.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank stacey s
Philadelphia
“Seriously good Ice Cream”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

Every time my family and I are in Harper's Ferry, which is usually annually, we make it a point to go to yht Swiss Miss for ice cream. I always get the Raspberry/Vanilla swirl frozen custard in a cone. Highly recommended!!! It's nice to relax with a cool treat on a hot day.

• Visited June 2011
New Jersey
“A heaping serving of delicious custard”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

My husband and I stopped here for custard on a particular hot day and couldn't have picked a better treat. The staff was quick in taking our order and serving it and the cones were piled high with delicious custard. I liked that they had more than the usual chocolate and vanilla flavors to choose from.

Visited July 2011