“Mediocre food; ice cream OK”
Review of Scoops Ice Cream

Scoops Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Harpers Ferry
Description: Scoops prides itself as a premium supplier of Ice Cream treats whether it is one or our home made ice cream or our Gold Medal winner soft ice cream. We are so sure that you will love your ice cream we will back it up with a money back guarantee. Your complete menu includes classic items as: • Shakes – made from any of your premium Ice Creams • Sundaes – with a wide range of toppings to choose from • Blizzards – a much thicker version of your Shakes • Floats • Banana splits • Hand Made Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches • Classis Malts • Fresh Baked Cookies • Angus Beef Hot Dogs • Beef and Vige Burgers • Fresh Ground Coffees ( we only use locally roasted coffee beans) • Fresh Made Lemonade ( only made from fresh lemon and Raw Organic Sugar) • Fresh Brewed Ice Tea
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I went out of my B&B a bit too late and only found this place open. I ordered a burger and a milkshake. The burger was mediocre, and the shake was OK, but pretty small for the price I paid. I found better places to eat and better ice cream, too. The outdoor eating area was dirty with sticky ice cream smears and trash. The cook was too busy talking to his girl friend to bother cleaning up. Service was indifferent. Not recommended.

1  Thank Merrill C

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Loved that this spot was nearby as I needed a cup of hot tea about 5 pm on a Monday night and most everything was closed up. Scoops was open - they had hot tea and the young woman was very very pleasant!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I love this place, my favorite place for ice cream and the steak burgers are so good , they are steamed and melt in your mouth, I am not even a meat eater and I love these !!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Our decision to stop at Scoops was solely based on our receipt of coupons for $0.50 off per cone that was handed to us when passing by the shop. Eeesh, wish we had spent the extra money and gone to one of the other nearby ice cream shops! The ice cream was not good - and I don't think those are words that I have ever said in my 37 years! It was not creamy at all and you could see the ice crystals in it. I thought maybe it was just my flavor, but had a lick of the kids' cones and sadly they were all pretty bad. Would have gladly spent the extra $0.50 per cone or more somewhere else where we might have actually finished our cones and not dumped them in the bin. I did not see the inside of the shop, but my husband said it was pretty dirty.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

My wife stopped and got a regular sized chocolate ice cream with a coupon from our B&B, came out to $3 with the discount. She said the ice cream was ok, nothing mind blowing or amazing.