“New Management”

Bisou Bistro at The Canal House
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located in a charming 1790's stone house in historic Harpers Ferry-Bolivar, Our Menu is seasonally changed to offer classic New Orleans Cajun & Creole French cuisine. We focus on, fresh, delicious, local food in a friendly and casual atmosphere. While holding true to our South Louisiana Heritage, we also have developed gluten free and allergy sensitive versions of most items. Owner & Executive Chef Kevin Plunkett, a New Orleans Native and Classically trained French Chef, is passionate about sustainability and supporting local producers whenever possible. Together with his wife Amanda, they have made a commitment to transform a little slice of West Virginia into Cajun Country with a dash of South Louisiana Hospitality and traditional New Orleans fare.
Knoxville, Maryland
“New Management”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I loved the old Canal House, so I was very happy to see that the new management is carrying on the tradition of fresh, local, healthy food service. The dining area has been reconfigured and is very pleasant. I ordered a veggie sandwich on gluten-free bread. The bread was not on the menu but the chef was happy to accommodate my request. My lunch was delicious and I felt really good about it. Our waiter was very personable and the service was excellent. My friend also enjoyed her lunch very much.

• Visited July 2014

Rockaway, New Jersey
“Fresh!”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Small farm to table restaurant Wonderful fresh food served with a helpful and knowledgable staff. A real find and to make it even better the prices are great.

Visited July 2014
Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
“Local thumbs up!”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

First visit since owners changed; coworker recommended so we took our guest and we were all pleased. Friendly, quick service at lunch. Yummy food. I had their pasta special; flavorful and different. Others had the blt and john brown--and liked them. Easy checkout. I'll be back!

• Visited July 2014
Clarksville, Maryland
“THE place for foodies, best of year”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

We were actually shocked by the unique and amazing mix of flavors this master chef concocted. The hummus was unique and delicious--nothing like we ever had before. The quinoa salad was a fantastic mix of sweet and sour flavors. Delicious. The main course was a green pepper stuffed with white beans and rice with a touch of spicy heat that was quenched with an amazing grape-based sauce. The mash potatoes were perfect as were the green beans. They buy local and organic and the make everything fresh. If you live within 200 miles, make a special trip. If you are riding the C&O trail like we are, all riders should plan a stop here and eat at the canal house.

1 Thank SamiSay
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1,411 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 4,001 helpful votes
“No wonder it's #1!”
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

My husband took me here for lunch today, and we very much enjoyed our entire experience. Food was excellent, outdoor seating was perfect, and service was friendly and kind! They get many of their ingredients from local shops or farms, which I always like to see. Definitely try it out, but be sure of the hours before you go, as it seems days and hours change seasonally.

1 Thank QuickWhitTravel