“Terrific salad and ice cream!”

Bisou Bistro at The Canal House
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located in a charming 1790's stone house in historic Harpers Ferry-Bolivar, Our Menu is seasonally changed to offer classic New Orleans Cajun & Creole French cuisine. We focus on, fresh, delicious, local food in a friendly and casual atmosphere. While holding true to our South Louisiana Heritage, we also have developed gluten free and allergy sensitive versions of most items. Owner & Executive Chef Kevin Plunkett, a New Orleans Native and Classically trained French Chef, is passionate about sustainability and supporting local producers whenever possible. Together with his wife Amanda, they have made a commitment to transform a little slice of West Virginia into Cajun Country with a dash of South Louisiana Hospitality and traditional New Orleans fare.
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stopped in for a later night snack before heading to our lodgings for the night and just had the Roasted Fruit Salad -- it knocked our socks off. REALLY great salad for six bucks. The ice cream is made at a nearby Amish Farm and we got ample portions for $3.50. Terrific service and wonderful environment.

2  Thank Julianne D

Reviewed September 9, 2012

My girlfriend and I came here twice during Labor Day weekend. We ordered primarily seafood dishes, which were all terrific in terms of quality of ingredients (mostly local and organic) and preparation. The menu changes daily so it's hard to make specific recommendations, but it's well worth the trip if you're in the neighborhood. Lastly, the decor is quite charming and makes for a relaxing evening, particularly after a day of hiking or outdoor activity.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Had lunch; started with a delicious soup - tomato with italian sausage & black beans, served with fresh baked bread. Next we ordered sandwiches - turkey w/swiss again served on fresh baked bread with a touch of dijion; the turkey was so moist. Came with an interesting & tasty side dish that had lentils, beans, and other vegetables that were combined and seasoned perfectly. Large portions, we shared the soup and bread and I took home 1/2 of my turkey sandwich & side dish. I only wish I had room to try the desserts! Maybe next time.

1  Thank adew4me
Reviewed August 24, 2012

My boyfriend and I came here for our anniversary meal and the staff was exceptionally friendly. Everything is locally sourced, the menu changes daily and best of all - BYOB!

The only thing is we felt the chicken was really dry... but that may be because the chef has to learn a new menu daily? Overall it was a nice evening.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Perfect Little Restaurant with Great Healthy/Local Options. Only 4 or 5 options on the menu each cost $9.00 but all delicious!