“A good basic eatery”
Review of Cannonball Deli

Cannonball Deli
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed March 21, 2013

You won't get fine dining in Harpers Ferry, especially in the lower town for lunch. This Deli may have the best quick eating option. Its gyros and gyro salads are quite tasty $9.99. They also have pastas, pizzas, and eggplant parmesan, as well as falafel and burgers. Lunch in 30 minutes and you're back viewing the sites. Recommended by locals.

1  Thank cfuller603

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I ordered a burger. Very greasy....and I mean VERY greasy. Below average burger at best.
The guy who waited on me was attentive and I was happy with his service and that is the only reason why I give this place 3 stars. Oherwise, in my opinion, there are probably better places to eat.
There also isn't much of an atmosphere or ambiance in this place. That doesn't really bother me though

Reviewed March 11, 2013

what a great surprise!The service was friendly and quick.The food was great, i had falafel and my friend had chicken burrito and it was absolutely delicious.We'll definitely be back!

1  Thank JohnyDj
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We were in Harpers Ferry on a Saturday afternoon in January - let's just say not much is open because it's the off season in the town and at least half of the restaurants were closed for vacation. The place we wanted to go for lunch was closed and we were hungry so we just decided on the deli. It is located in a dark, dingy, basement type place that has probably seen better days. We were the only ones there and the guy working (who was wearing sunglasses the entire time... weird) was not very personable. My husband and I both ordered cheesesteaks. The actual sandwiches were pretty good, and it comes with chips and a small little salad which is lettuce with onion, tomato, and cucumber on it. Overall it was overpriced for that meal and the restaurant was smokey (and bothering my eyes) from when they were cooking. Everything was going ok until right when we finished eating, we saw a cockroach on the ledge right next to our table... needless to say we tried to get out of there as fast a possible after that. So we are guessing it is not the most sanitary place, but on the plus side, neither of us got sick from our meal.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

I found this place by accident. I was hungry so I decided to stop in for a quick bit to eat. The place was very small and the food was absolutely nasty, and I say that as kindly as possible. I ordered a chicken gyro and what I got was the nothing like I expected. It was a cold tasteless chicken breast sliced up and tossed on a toasted pita. I have had many chicken gyros in the past but this was nowhere near a gyro! I asked the waiter, when he finally decided to come over by me, what this was and he said it was a gyro. I said that this was nothing like a gyro. He decided to argue with me so I pointed to a picture of a gyro on the wall and told him that they needed to rethink what a gyro really is. On the bright side, the chips were good.