“Excellent!!”

Harpers Ferry National Historical Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Harpers Ferry National Historical Park is indeed one of the crown jewels in the National Park Service. Covering over 4,000 acres in 3 states (WV, VA and MD) at the scenic confluence of the Shenandoah and Potomac rivers and the Potomac River water gap through the Blue Ridge Mountains, the Park features an amazing diversity of American History all in one place: Great figures such as George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, John Brown, Frederick Douglass, Robert E. Lee, U.S. Grant, "Stonewall" Jackson, JEB Stuart, Philip Sheridan, W.E.B. Du Bois, Kate Field and many others swirl around Harpers Ferry like a whirlwind! The C&O Canal National Park, Appalachian National Scenic Trail and the Potomac Heritage National Scenic Trail all converge at Harpers Ferry NHP. Twenty miles of hiking trails in the Park offer more than a one weekend getaway. Local private businesses offer whitewater rafting, tubing, fishing and many outdoor activities, along with dining and overnight accommodations. Come visit beautiful Harpers Ferry National Historical Park and be swept away by the mountains, the rivers and the history for a visit you and your family will long remember!
Sayreville, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent!!”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Took the Family to harpers ferry!! We all loved it!! Fun place to Visit and learn about history! Kids ages 13 and 8 and both loved it!

Visited April 2013

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
87 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“Great place to visit”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Its historical, its beautiful, its quaint, its fun. There are great stores with local wonders, delicious restaurants, great little touches of how it was back in the day, and beautiful paths by the river. At one spot you can stand and see 3 states.....there is a nice walking bridge next to the train bridge....really, you just cant go wrong...and if you want to brave the hand cut rock steps...you get an AMAZING view, and Jefferson Rock.

Visited October 2013
Kenova, WV
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great experience!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Being from WV, I am ashamed to say I had never been to Harpers Ferry. I am sorry we waited so long; it was simply beautiful! We walked around and visited some shops. The shopkeepers were quite nice. It was about 25 degrees that day, so we were in and out a great deal. Even so, it was just a beautiful, well kept park.

Mechanicsville, Virginia
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“This place always brings back great memories”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I stopped by on a Saturday morning. The weather was cooler so I was one of the first ones there which made it even more peaceful to walk around. My father used to bring the family here when we were younger and do the Historic Ghost Tours. There is a rich history here and in addition to the history, the landscape and scenery is amazing. It's definitely worth staying for 1/2-full day and taking it all in.

Somewhere
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Our fourth or fifth time visiting!”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I love this place. The Park service does an incredible job of maintaining the small town of Harpers Ferry. They're helpful as well! We've done a few of the walks they offer, and learn something new each time we visit. You CANNOT beat the scenic views anywhere in the park. I recommend Harpers Ferry to everyone I talk to because my husband and I love it there so much. The combination of history and natural beauty are the best!