“Excellent Fun for the family and friends”
Review of River Riders

River Riders
Ranked #1 of 5 Tours in Harpers Ferry
More attraction details
Owner description: West Virginia whitewater rafting, tubing, zip line canopy tour, kayaking, canoeing, biking, climbing, team building, and outdoor adventure summer camps in Harpers Ferry and C and O Canal National Parks on the Shenandoah and Potomac Rivers. We are the closest outfitter to the Washington, DC, Baltimore, MD and Northern Virginia metro areas.
Martinsburg, West Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent Fun for the family and friends”
Reviewed March 11, 2011

We are somewhat locals and we have gone on white water rafting trips all over the state. I would have to rate River Riders as one of the top rafting experiences we have gone with. The atmosphere at the HQ was great, the layout was open and clean. That just set the tone as to knowing they have their ducks in a row. We invited out of town guests to go with us and we all noticed that they kept saying over and over where you get out of the river. It became the joke in our group for the day because it was even printed on your wrist band. Low and behold, on the bus back, some man was complaining about the walk and steep hill once you get off the river. If you are in the area I highly advise you do these trips. It is a great way to see the country and it is as about as relaxing as a massage. Just make sure, you listen to the instructions on where to get out. If you do get out at the wrong place, don't complain about it, just take the walk of shame and tune up on your listening skills.

Later in the day, all the kids joined us and we did the flat water tubing. We had 14 with us from age 5 to 35. On the flat water I had a cooler full of drinks and food. Having a beer and watching this historic scenery go by is a great way to spend the day. The kids were laughing, splashing and carrying on. People were floating all around in this pristine setting and I, cold beer in hand, sun on my cheeks, just had a great day.

I am writing this review because I am making a family video for my daughter's birthday and many of the photos are her with her cousins on our River Riders tubing trip. If I can post a picture, you will see how great of a day it is. People talk about too many people in the river, well I rather see them enjoying West Virginia this way as opposed to most other ways.

Visited July 2010
2 Thank camores

Arlington, VA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“River Riders Rocks!”
Reviewed March 11, 2011

I can't say enough good things about this company! They offer great trips AND they give back to the community by donating things to support local schools, charities, and organizations!

Visited March 2011
Annapolis, Maryland
“River Riders Rocks!”
Reviewed February 9, 2011

My family and I have used River Riders for white water adventures for years and have always been treated great. They provide a strong emphasis on safety and our well being as well as providing a fun filled day. Check out their store - loads of great namebrand gear - at some of the best prices you will find. Nothing better than a River Riders cheeseburger from their cook shack at the end of an action packed day - while you eat on their deck and watch some of the best sunsets in West Virginia.

Thanks Guys! Thomas and Debbie

Visited November 2010
Riley, NC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Awesome time”
Reviewed January 21, 2011

My friend and I went river tubing for the first time with River Riders. When we first arrived staff was very nice and accommodating. We started by watching an instructional/safety video and then we were taken to the river. It was raining but we didn't care, we had a blast. If you're considering booking with River Riders, disregard the reviews of those who complain about bad weather, rock, low water levels, and a crowded river. These are things that River Riders obviously can't help.

Visited August 2010
1 Thank MsDixieNC
Hampstead, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“one of worst of times of my life”
Reviewed January 8, 2011

Lots of us were left on river during a storm. No direction. Lots of young kids going straight up a cliff to get off the river only to be let out on a major highway. because of the conditions of the river it actually took hours longer than expected. Family members that did not go and stayed back at our camping sites called Rivers Riders concerned about us and were told everyone was off the river they had no idea where their family was.Yet I was easily with a group of 80 or more struggling to get out of the water when the lighting was hitting. This will tell you how uncaring and detached they are to the customers once they take their money and dump them. As bad as that sound the really horrible part was actually every rock that you hit and got stuck on. I heard all kinds of people complaining about what they hurt due to the low water levels and no one on the buses were happy.

Visited July 2010

Been to River Riders? Share your experiences!