“Good Time”
Review of River Riders

River Riders
Ranked #1 of 3 Tours in Harpers Ferry
More attraction details
Owner description: West Virginia whitewater rafting, tubing, zip line canopy tour, kayaking, canoeing, biking, climbing, team building, and outdoor adventure summer camps in Harpers Ferry and C and O Canal National Parks on the Shenandoah and Potomac Rivers. We are the closest outfitter to the Washington, DC, Baltimore, MD and Northern Virginia metro areas.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Good Time”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My family of 2 Adults and 2 girls (11-15) went up this past weekend. We stayed in a cabin at the KOA. The path to take you to River Riders was easy and quick. We did white water rafting which was awesome. Our guide was Dave (Shaggy) and we highly recommend he was the reason we had a blast. Then on Sunday we did the Adventure Park and Ziplines. The Adventure park was awesome. I just wish there was a way to prevent parents from having their small kids do things that they can't handle. This backed up the line on the green course and we waited for 35 minutes to finish the course because a boy could not get up the rock wall. You are only allowed 2 hours so this was a bummer because we wanted to do a blue course before our time was up. The ziplines were great our guides were awesome Henry, Chaulky, and another guy. The only down fall of the trip is the charging. They over charged me $20. I paid for one online for the white water rafting. I added the Adventure Park and Ziplines for the next day and that is where they messed everything up. I got double charged for taxes and they would listen. The only explaination they could give is because of extra fees involved. The extra fees were not listed on the receipt, they did have the $2 pp fee and taxes but that is it. So where the $20 fee came from who knows.

South Riding, Virginia
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Always a fun time”
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Played at the Ariel park today. The courses are challenging and leave you with quite a feeling of accomplishment once you've finished them. My whole family has a blast every time. Kids are 13 & 11. They've done all the courses. I've worked my way up to the blue course - level 4.

I also like that the staff is the same each time we go. We've been 3 times since July 4th and always see the same crew. They're friendly, helpful and don't stray on their instruction even when we say we've been there before. Very professional. We will definitely go back and bring friends next time.

College Park, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Highly recommend”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We went on the first zipline tour of the day, 10am. The tour guides, Sarah and Anthony were very laid back and confident. It erases any existing nervousness that may exist (fear of heights :) The tour was aobut 2 hours long for us. It is definitely worth the time and travel for an adventure. It runs along a river keeping you up in the trees with a beautiful view from each 'treehouse' launch/landing. Check it out!

Danville, Kentucky
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Can't wait to go back again”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This was my first white water rafting trip. My friend and I had the best time. The guides were funny and so awesome and knew so much about the history of the area. I have never felt safer in any adventure as i did today. Thanks Bubby and the rest of the guys. U all were great!!

Delanson, New York, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“lots of fun”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We went tubing as part of a family reunion weekend and had a great time! So much so that some of us went again the next day. It is a very relaxing way to enjoy the river and scenery. The company handles large amounts of people quickly and efficiently. The kids loved it too.

Visited August 2013

Been to River Riders? Share your experiences!