Open today: 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
West Virginia won my heart.

Reviewed 1 week ago
HESI
New York City, New York
Great Trip!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Sarah G
Washington DC, District of Columbia

All reviews zip lining white water rafting canopy tour adventure park rafting trip safety video flat water mega zip adventure course fear of heights a lot of fun water shoes the check in process water level class rapids super fun fun trip
Reviewed 1 week ago

First time ziplining and it was truly amazing! Jen and Lucas aka Julian :) were our guides. They were friendly, professional, knowledgable and outgoing. I did not feel my safety was being compromised. Our safety was their primary concern and assured us we were going to have a great time. We did the morning slot so it was a bit chilly, low 40s but the sun was out the entire time. Comfortable layering is a must! Knitted hat and gloves helps. The courses were not difficult at all and didn't feel rushed. The views were beathtaking and they do give you opportunites to take pictures. Overall a great experience and highly reccomend it!!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I took my 2 kids out of school for the day for a white rafting trip. Zachary and Ian were terrific! We had a great time, and they made the experience fun and easy.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We went for a zip lining tour and had the best time, Ryan and Dakota were entertaining and enhanced the experiance with a mix of corny and dad jokes. They shared history about the region and ensured our experiance was safe with compromising the enjoyment.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We did the rafting and the high ropes course.

Overall, this ended up being a good experience. The guides were very friendly, personable, and knowledgeable. At no time was I concerned about my safety or anything like that. We happened to be there on a weekend when the water level was about 5 feet above normal, so I'd assume that our actual rafting experience was a little different. Also, the experience overall was good, but the customer service through the booking process was not exactly smooth (to my standards). It may have been because we were at the end of their busy season, but most of the people leading or supervising the activities seemed a little jaded- as though we should already know, or like what we were doing wasn't potentially dangerous. (Our rafting guide was really good in the boat though.)

I wanted to go high ropes course climbing and white water kayaking but because we're off season (first weekend in October) and there were only 2 of us, I was told to call back several days before I wanted to book to see if anyone else was booking- but that they couldn't book anything for just 2 people. I wondered what would happen if 5 couples called that day, would we all be told to call back later to see if there was enough interest? The first time I called, I was unimpressed with the amount of prying I had to do to get the information that I needed. He seemed to assume that I knew everything about rafting (I knew nothing) and that I would figure it out on my own? I called a second time the week I wanted to book and a woman on the phone was very helpful and took my information down, saying that she would get back to me as soon as she heard of another couple or more people interested (which was good because we were with 2 other sets of 2 for both activities). I was called on Wednesday of the Friday I was hoping to go, and told there were others interested. Once they booked me for ropes course and kayaking, they had tons of information and it was like talking to an entirely different person (it was the same guy from the first time). I was told everything was in order and they'd see me in 2 days! Great.

Once we arrived on Friday morning, there was someone at the office, who seemed like the manager (older than the other employees and was using more technical talk, so it seemed like he knew more) who told us that the river was unusually high as it had been raining a lot recently (like, the past 2 weeks) and that unless we had been white water kayaking before, we should seriously think about sticking to rafting, unless we were okay getting wet (we were). While I appreciate him looking out for our safety and their business, if the water has been high for that long, I would have hoped that they would have KNOWN that and mentioned it when we booked the activity 48 hours prior, so that we wouldn't feel let down at the beginning of the day, setting us up for a potential let down/ negative view of the day. The most frustrating thing is that what should have been a fun filled morning with just enjoying the high ropes course and relaxing, became what felt like a huge decision about this kayaking thing, that could have simply been resolved days ago. It also felt harder to trust a company who, it felt as though had deceived us, with our safety (although everything was perfectly safe). I just felt mislead and was really frustrated- if it's been raining for 2 weeks, they should have known when I called the first THREE times that the water would be too high to kayak.

Ultimately, the rapids were fine (not quite adrenaline inducing as I had hoped), but everything leading up to it just felt like unnecessary drama. The worst part was that after we decided not to kayak and told him, he almost seemed disappointed and asking if we were sure..it felt like he was trying to talk us back into it. It just seems like there are other companies and if I had known they weren't running the activity I wanted, I could have just found a company that was offering it.

We may be back as I do still want to learn how to white water kayak, but I will definitely approach this and other companies like it, with hesitation and even more questions (that will probably annoy the people running the front desk even more so, you're welcome).

Also, the bus ride to and from the river was filled with some fun filled facts, but mostly corny jokes- so if that isn't your thing, I'd go elsewhere because it really doesn't stop for the entire ride both ways.

Also the high ropes course was great, but I wouldn't want to go during main season if there were a bunch of people there because it was really nice having just a few of us there. They run it year round though, so it might be cool to do in the snow.

(Also) they're on groupon.

Overall I did still give 4/5 stars because the activities themselves were well organized and fun.

Reviewed October 8, 2018

Ziplining was the first time for us. We had a fun time. The three young men who were in charge were great. They made us feel very secure. It is a workout.

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

We were lucky to find lots of water on the Shenandoah and Potomac Rivers on the day of our trip. Good safety briefing and advice before we set off and once in the raft, ensured we stayed on board. A previous bad experience white water rafting was forgotten as Ben and his colleagues ensured we had a great time. Ben knew lots about the wildlife on the Rivers and ensured we got to see bald headed eagles and herons. Thanks for looking after us and making our trip so much fun.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

As part of a wedding weekend with our son and now daughter-in-law, 35+ of us made a day of flat water tubing; my second time with this outfit. To do so was a great idea by the to be wed couple, blending families and friends was a perfect idea. Everyone had fun, the staff were pleasant, sign in process organized and my only corrective comment would be to have some sort of cleaning process for the mandated life jackets as the ones that we wore were ripe....I am just "sayin". : )

Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

This was a fun adventure for our family. The staff was helpful, funny and accommodating.... loved our guides, Jenny and Chalk! Was a fun and easy course to zip line. I have a fear of heights and managed just fine. A great three hour adventure! Would return to white water raft!

Reviewed September 24, 2018

We took our Boy Scout troop to the park recently for the Aerial Adventure park. We had a mix of boys from 11 - 17 years old, along with plenty of middle aged dads. The staff gave us the safety briefing and fitted everyone with safety gear (fairly comfortable too.) We started on the beginner courses then progressed to the more advanced courses. Everyone managed to have a great time. All the courses have some degree of mental and physical challenges. There was certainly something for everyone here. While I only made it to the intermediate courses the boys had a ball working through the advanced elements. These consist of climbing/ descending all types of ladders, zip lines, walking across various obstacles and other challenges. Confidence grows as the day progresses!
The safety was very good. Participants were always securely connected to safety cables and I never felt in danger, even high aloft. I wouldn't say a lot of body strength is needed, but stability muscles are important. It's easy enough to view most course from the ground before you try them. The staff was always around to answer any questions and help you along. The equipment and elements all appeared to be in good condition and well maintained.
For an additional $20 a few of us took the Mega Zip ride. 1,200 ' long zip line that you can ride in a superman-like position or sit in a sling. No idea how fast it was, but it was a riot and would love to do it again.
The facility has lots more to offer and is a great destination for repeat visits. I will be taking my family there again!

Reviewed September 20, 2018

I took two our our grandkids here for a summer adventure and it was awesome! We did the zip lining canopy tour in the morning and then white water rafting in the afternoon. We felt well cared for by the fabulous staff, and loved every second of both activities. Safety was obviously a priority for them. Our guides made it fun for the kids - and the adults - and it seemed like they enjoyed having us there. The check in was efficient, the customer service extremely courteous and it could not have been a better experience for us.