“TAKE RICK'S TOUR”

O' Be Joyfull Historical Tours & Entertainment
Ranked #3 of 3 Tours in Harpers Ferry
More attraction details
Owner description: O Be Joyfull offers historical tours of Harpers Ferry and historical concerts featuring music from the Civil War and from the Irish. Tours and concerts are entertaining, educational and fun!
Reviewed July 29, 2009

Rick Garland's historical tour of Harpers Ferry was worth while and most enjoyable. Now I know much more about what is now concidered to be the start of the Civil War..
The area is all hills, but Rick went slow enough to make it a reasonable tour for me to partake in..
I've never been on a ghost tour, but .if we're in the area again, I think this tour, too, would be fun with Rick.

3  Thank gilbro

Reviewed July 22, 2009

One of the best tours I've ever had. Rick does a wonderful job bringing the history of Harper's Ferry to life. The tour is entertaining and thorough. Even my two pre-teen sons really enjoyed it - and that's saying something!

3  Thank karinies
Reviewed July 19, 2009

We only had a short time to spend in Harpers Ferry going from Lancaster, PA to DC so we chose this tour. It was definitely the right choice. Rick is very informative and entertaining. I didn't know very much about the area, but feel like I am well versed now. The tour goes over many interesting buildings, a church, scenic areas, historical areas, etc. You have the option of bailing out after the first 1:15, but we're glad we stayed for the full 2 hours. I Highly recommend.

3  Thank Dand978
Reviewed July 10, 2009

My wife and I decide last minute on a day trip to Harpers Ferry. Decided to book a tour through O'Be Joyful based on positive comments online. The tour was spot on. Rick is intimately familiar with the in-depth history of Harpers Ferry and not only provides the historical facts but also adds insightful commentary and opinions that are well thought out and helps to paint a thorough picture of life in earlier times. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone visiting Harpers Ferry.

3  Thank Westfield77
Reviewed June 26, 2009

This a wonderful and IN-DEPTH tour and I mean in-depth! You will learn a lot! The tour guide (Rick) tells you story after story after story. I promise you won't be bored. He isn't just a tour guide but an actual Civil war historian. He can answer all your questions.

Hey Rick, we were the two people with the black lab. We said we would give you a great review and we are.

We never thought we could learn so much about Harper's Ferry in one afternoon. You made so may historical events come alive in our minds. We enjoyed the beautiful area with you. Thank you for entertaining us with all of your knowledge.

Barbara, Brian and Kaya