“Wonderful tour!”

O' Be Joyfull Historical Tours & Entertainment
Ranked #3 of 3 Tours in Harpers Ferry
More attraction details
Owner description: O Be Joyfull offers historical tours of Harpers Ferry and historical concerts featuring music from the Civil War and from the Irish. Tours and concerts are entertaining, educational and fun!
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Rick gave a four hour tour of Harpers Ferry for my family last month and did a wonderful job! He took us from the town's founding through the John Brown event. He made a point to ask questions about what our children thought about the events and people to get them thinking more deeply about the history. I would definitely recommend his tour if you will be in Harpers Ferry!

4  Thank osullime

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Rick spent 4 hours with my wife and I today walking the streets of Harpers Ferry. I was surprised to find out that there is so much more to the history of Harpers Ferry than just John Brown. Rick not only vividly describes the towns history which helped shape the Civil War, he gave us a lively understanding of the Harpers Ferry that reaches all the way back to George Washington and Thomas Jefferson. I visited Harpers Ferry many times as a kid but only realized today that I didn't know half of the "real" history. We are so glad we chose this tour with Rick Garland. We will be back for the Ghost Tour in October!

4  Thank Lawrence H
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Because of Trip Advisor members’ rave reviews, I took this tour along with my husband and 21-year-old son. We all really liked it! Rick is passionate and knowledgeable about Harpers Ferry history. He involved the participants by asking lots of questions, which kept us paying attention. The only minor complaint from my son was that it went a little long, about thirty minutes past the scheduled three hours (although at the three-hour mark Rick said that anyone who wanted to could leave the tour at that point).

3  Thank vacristine
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This tour is informative and fun. We couldn't believe how quickly the time went by. In case you are concerned about your stamina, there are no great distances to walk, and Rick, your guide, has arranged plenty of sit-down opportunities.

3  Thank Marcia R
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Rick's tour of Harpers Ferry is one of the most engaging and informative tours I have ever been on. We were in Harpers Ferry just long enough to go on this tour, and we left feeling like experts on the town. Rick walked us through the entire history of Harpers Ferry, asking questions and singing relevant songs along the way. You can tell he loves the history that he shares, and he is able to answer any questions. He also gave the group an option to stay after the normal tour for some extra discussion on Harpers Ferry in the Civil War. At the end, everyone was giving a book list of recommended reading to learn even more. As someone that has a book obsession, this final perk of the tour was awesome. I also told Rick that I am interested in international relations and he was able to give me another topic to research related to the Civil War and international affairs. Highly recommended tour. You also get complementary bottles of water.