“A Day To Remember & Share!”

O' Be Joyfull Historical Tours & Entertainment
Ranked #1 of 4 Tours in Harpers Ferry
More attraction details
Owner description: O Be Joyfull offers historical tours of Harpers Ferry and historical concerts featuring music from the Civil War and from the Irish. Tours and concerts are entertaining, educational and fun!
Reviewed September 29, 2012

This is an absolutely fabulous tour with Rick! I have been on tours throughout the U.S., Canada, Eastern & Western Europe, Israel and the Caribbean. I have never met a living historian who is as knowledgeable and passionate as Rick. Rick was able to transport me back in time to give me a sense of life before, during and after the Civil War period in Harpers Ferry and our country. I highly recommend this tour!!

1  Thank Advocate1953
"interpretation"
in 3 reviews
"shenandoah"

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We enjoy taking walking tours in older, historical cities that we visit. This tour, and its tour guide Rick, gave us one of the best historical walking tours we've ever had. He is an historian at heart and knows the subjects he discusses inside and out. He presents the material in a very accessible, and pleasantly palatable manner. No dry lecturing here. We highly recommend Rick Garland and his O' Be Joyfull Historical Tour.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Mr Garland did an excellent job of the ghost tour at Harper's Ferry, WV. His combination of humor, folklore and history made for an engaging evening traveling up and down the streets of Harper's Ferry. Our tour included a group from the Wounded Warrior Project, and he did an excellent job of accommodating their needs and making it a special evening for these important veterans.

1  Thank BrendaLeeFree
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This is the second time I've taken a group of Wounded Warriors and their families on Rick's tour. They had a great time listening to Rick's paranormal tales of Harpers Ferry. As always Rick is highly entertaining and gives a great insight into the history of Harpers Ferry. Also, this is the second time I've seen some photos taken during the tour that have shown some strange anomalies. There is something out there!

See more reviews
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I just came back from a weekend vacation to Harper's Ferry and the O' be joyfull historical tour was definitely one of the highlights of the trip! Rick was fun, entertainin,g and very knowledgeable on the subject of the civil war. I had a great time that afternoon and I learned quite a bit about a subject that I knew little about beforehand. Not only was it a great tour in and of itself but Rick graciously still did the 3 hour tour for us even though my friend and I were the only ones who showed up. Highly recommended, you won't regret it if you sign up for one of the O be joyfull tours!

2  Thank StarrWanderer