“Girls Trip”

Ranked #2 of 4 Tours in Harpers Ferry
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: America's oldest ghost tour is an approximate two hour walking tour around several blocks of the historic "Lower Town" section of Harpers Ferry viewing a number of sites and buildings that have had ghostly phenomenon reported in or around them over the years. Tour includes both legends and historical events which may account for some of the ghostly happenings. These stories of Harpers Ferry's history, legends and unexplained phenomenon are appropriate for children of all ages. Always best to call to make a reservation and check website for dates that we are closed.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 1, 2018

Rick makes this Ghost tour very fun and exciting. My sisters and mother took this tour and we had so much fun. I highly recommend taking this tour when you are visiting Harpers Ferry.

1  Thank barbCarlinv
in 8 reviews
"local lore"
"all ages"
in 21 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 6 reviews
"hour tour"
in 6 reviews
"whole family"

Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

Thanks Rick! Despite the thunder storms and heavy rain, we all enjoyed being entertained by your tales of ghosts in Harpers Ferry. The kids were on the edge of their seats and we loved that we could visit each location you spoke about and try to capture our own ‘orbs’ in photos!!! Looking forward to coming back in the future and doing the walking tour again!

Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

I didn't go e it 5 stars because I don't give anything 5 stars. That said, Rick was a great guide. I loved the history aspect of the your whole my girl was into the ghost stories. Definatly recommend.

Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

After rafting in the morning and an afternoon of more rain we headed to ghost tours at the old St Peters church at the top of the hill. Despite the rain, we had some amazing stories by Rick inside. He showed us photos and we all recognized the buildings as we walked afterwards to our car. If any of us did not believe in ghosts beforehand. We do now!!
Totally worth the ghost tours and his historical tours too!!
Will definitely return!

See more reviews
Reviewed June 1, 2018

Rated by TripAdvisor as one of the top ghost tours in the country, I had pretty high expectations, especially since it was my first such tour ever. I cannot say that I came up disappointed but it is absolutely necessary to point out that at least half of the tour deals more with the history of Harpers Ferry than with actual ghost stories. But, if you're a history buff (as your tour guide most definitely and obviously is), this is your must-stop in Harpers Ferry. Not that there aren't any ghastly tales or anything. Your guide, dressed up in 1800s attire, will surely provide those and his buildup is often very good (my girlfriend and I jumped quite a few times). Obviously, all depends on your willingness to believe in those 'tales from the crypt'. The tour is probably not more than a good mile long, with some steep ascents/descents, but nothing a healthy person can't handle. Do take this tour (but dress for colder weather as temperatures tend to drop fast after dark - or maybe that's the presence of ghosts after all), if not for the scares, then for the historical background of Harpers Ferry.

Date of experience: April 2018