“Great for Bikers on the C&O canal”
Review of The Town's Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harpers Ferry
The Town's Inn
Ranked #9 of 11 Harpers Ferry B&B and Inns
Dover, Pennsylvania
“Great for Bikers on the C&O canal”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed at the Town's Inn while riding the C&O canal. The accomodations were great and gave you a taste of the towns history. I felt like I could have been riding up on my horse in the 1850s instead of my bike in the 2000s. The tavern next store is convenient and the food was good. We were particually happy that the tavern opened for breakfast fairly early, 6am, so we were able to get on the trail early. The Inn keeper was nice and easy to work with. I would recommend it to those looking to immerse themselves into a little of the history of Harpers Ferry

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We biked from DC to Cumberland, Md.
First night stay in Harper's Ferry. Very comfortable, had everything we needed.
Restaurant next door was great for dinner, breakfast, and carry-out lunch..
Would stay here again.
Great place for hikers.
Bikers are a bit more on their own.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Ypsilanti, Michigan
Reviewed July 26, 2012

The Town's Inn was a fabulous place to stay in historical Harpers Ferry.

First of all Karen the owner is a extremely helpful, exceptionally nice, and pleasant person. Her hospitality made me feel right at home. I stayed in the bunk room and a private room for several nights each. Both were very pleasant. I believe I had some of the best sleep while on the Appalachian Trail here. Even if you are not hiking the Appalachian Trail I would recommend staying here. Its walking distance to the Appalachian Trail and all of historic Harpers Ferry.

The Town's Inn is a great value, very clean, and has a beautiful historic look. The Towns Inn restaurant (next door) has excellent food and beer. A great thing for any thru hiker!

I want to speak on others reviewers saying that Karen pushes religious beliefs. My personal experience is that she never pushed anything on me, nor did I feel uncomfortable. This after all is the United States of America where we all can hold our own beliefs. Don't believe the negative reviews on this site.

I stayed at the Inn a total of five nights. So my review holds weight. I am very "high brow" or particular if you will. So if you are as well then heed my review. This is a MUST stay! You will not be disappointed. Thanks Karen for all your kindness and help during my AT adventure :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 22, 2012

First time for me and my family to stay at any inn and Town's Inn was a great first time experience and surely not the last. It's everything I had expected and Karen, the Innkeeper, and its hospitable staff are wonderful and charming as well as its decor and simple amenities. It was nice not to have TV or laptop although they have TV/portable DVD player available with advance request and they do have internet wi-fi connection. With so many things to do and see there is hardly time to just remain in your room, watch tv, or be on your laptop. The food are filling and delicious, the staff always greets their in-house guests and visitors with smiles. It rained most of the time during the entire stay BUT it never put a damper on our vacation because the rain totally felt good after all those hot summer days. We toured the charming and historic Harper's Ferry, visited their buildings that told of fascinating stories of the town, trekked around town and its nearby trails, admired the beautiful mountain and river views, and enjoyed the town's quaint shops, pubs, and restaurants. When visiting Harper's Ferry be prepared to walk most of the time so bring your best walking shoes and attire and you are all set to enjoy the simplicity of life's past and present in a historic town filled with beauty of the mountains and rivers to its charms of buildings and stores and to its wonderful and hospitable people that makes Harper's Ferry a welcoming place for families and outdoor adventurers to visit, meet, stay, and reminisce. Thank you Town's Inn for a memorable birthday & summer vacation! See you all and Harper's Ferry again real soon! ~GB

Room Tip: Really search the amenities of hotels, inns, B&Bs, before booking. After you search your stay o...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Gahanna, Ohio, United States
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Would you like to get the feel of staying in an old fashion tavern with 21st Century amenities? Stay at The Town's Inn. I wife and I arrived there after a hot day of touring from up the Shenandoah Valley. We stopped the car in front of The Heritage House and unloaded the luggage. My wife stayed with the luggage while I drove the car down the hill to the parking spot on Potomac Street. My advice is to call ahead and talk to them about all the details of arriving, parking, etc. There's a restaurant on the first floor and you treck your luggage up to the 2nd floor of the building. We stayed in the room with the slate tub over the restaurant. The noise from the restaurant downstairs could be disturbing to some but I envisioned that's just how it was in the taverns of old. We ate in the patio out back and the food was very good.
The location is close to everything and we had a very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Slate tub was a delight after a long day's journey.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Canyon, Texas
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Town's Inn last week. My husband is currently hiking the Appalachian Trail to raise funds for the National MS Society. Living in Texas, I hadn't been able to see him for 2 1/2 months and we decided Harpers Ferry would be a perfect place to meet...the psychological halfway point of an almost 2200 mile hike. When I called Karan to make reservations she was very kind and helpful. Upon arriving, she blew us away with her hospitality; this is her home after all, and she graciously takes care of all of her guests whatever their needs may be. Her staff is just as welcoming and friendly as she is. We had a wonderful 3 days touring the area and visiting with other guests on either the second floor porch/balcony or the stone patio below. The food at the restaurant was very good and the waitstaff was very friendly and personable. I was pleasantly surprised that Sarah, who waited on us the first day we were there then had a day off the next day, remembered our names when we went to eat breakfast our last morning at the inn.

This is a wonderful home in a great location in the middle of an area rich in history. Karan and her staff were genuinely hospitable and when we checked out it was like we were leaving the home of a dear friend.

I would recommend and encourage anyone to stay at The Town's Inn and step back in time to a world full of charm!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Hoover, Alabama
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I am hiking the Appalachian Trail in large sections and the Town's Inn is one of my favorite waypoints. I just walked in off the trail and was instantly a part of the Town's Inn "family". I had the whole 3rd floor of the building with books, easy chairs, views and history. My private bath was just down the way, very nice, and in no way inconvenient. The food was superb. Broiled snapper one night, perfectly prepared, only to be matched the next night by a magnificent steak. The staff really care about their guests. One of the Chefs offered to shuttle me about 30 miles in his own car and I had to insist that he accept some gas money. He was doing it just to accommodate me. You don't find that hospitality many places these days. Try it, You'll like it.

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Bavarian Inn
#1 of 3 in Shepherdstown
Hampton Inn & Suites Charles Town
The Ledge House Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Town's Inn? Share your experiences!