“Super family- friendly find!”
Review of The Town's Inn

The Town's Inn
Ranked #8 of 11 Harpers Ferry B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Excellent, family friendly and clean and updated for an 1840's building. Charming and historical building that's been well maintained. Great location and views. The Shenendoah room is adjacent to the Friendship lounge which became like a bonus area to our room on the third floor. The private bath is a treat. Totally updated and sleek.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank mtuseth

Reviewed May 13, 2011

I arrived late at night, and the owner went out of his way to get me a bed. I had a nice chat with the owners and the other guests. Lovely location with a view of the two rivers.

There are a lot of trains going by here and they honk the horn 4 times for each pass, but it didn't disturb my sleep.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Bergman740
Reviewed May 1, 2011

Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would return. The location is perfect, with access to the C&O canal and Appalachian trail for hiking. We founds the rooms to be clean and Karan and Bill to be delightful hosts.

Our first night, my husband and I stayed in the Shenandoah Room, which is a spacious room with two sets of bunk beds that can sleep a total of six people. We particularly loved the adjacent Heritage House parlor area that we found to be ideal for reading and relaxing with coffee in the morning and a glass of wine in the evening (which we brought with us). No other guests chose to use the parlor while we were there probably because the parlor and bedroom are on the third floor, while the other guest rooms are on the second floor.

Our second night was in a River View room with bunk beds. Getting into the top bunk was a tight squeeze with little clearance between the bed and the ceiling and the chairs were too utilitarian to use for reading. The historic window had a gap, making the train whistles at night more noticeable than from the Shenandoah room. Because the ceiling in the Mountain House parlor is the floor for the River View bedroom, conversations clearly carried. Those sensitive to noise should probably choose a different room. We enjoyed sitting on the porch to read and have our evening wine.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jhp123
Reviewed April 7, 2011

Rode my bike from DC up C&O Canal to Harpers Ferry (about 100 Km) and spent the night in this lovely inn, with gracious hosts. Due to my late arrival, most restaurants were closed (and my legs were cracked ... so riding another 5 Km for dinner wasn't appealing). The generous host drove me to and from dinner up the road. Great sleep in comfy bed. Wished I could have lingered in the morning to savor coffee and such in town, but needed to hit the trail -- a ride back through Virginia (crossing at Point of Rocks ...) ... I look forward to many more visits as I continue my training across the region this year ... JW

Room Tip: Cozy living room, settle in w/book, glass of wine
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank JimW_22207
Reviewed January 14, 2011

We loved this place. It was right next to everything we wanted to see in the historic area. The owners were friendly and helpful and very sweet to my kids. The room was great for a family getaway and very affordable for a family of 5. My son wants me to mention the great toy box that was there and all the cool books. There was also a place for drinks and light foods to be stored. We had a great time!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank tigslw
Reviewed December 21, 2010

I fell in love with the Town Inn Pub and Eatery last summer on a cycling trip. I decided to return and stay a few nights towards the end of 2010. I'm told the Inn building dates from the 1840s and it has the feel of historic construction. The owner was amiable and asked if I needed anything while staying there. The room was cozy and well furnished. Coffee and tea were provided and a microwave and refrigerator were already in the room. All of this was a big help. The Inn's layout reminded me of some hostels where I have stayed, only with a more homestyle charm. The location is great, with local restaurants and an outfitters nearby in the heart of Harper's Ferry. Shops close early so be sure to get dinner and supplies before sundown. The train station is across the street with access to Washington DC. The Inn is a nice place to rest for a few days and enjoy the history and sights around town. Food and snacks are available at a low price in the lobby of the Inn.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank EarlyAutumn
Reviewed November 7, 2010

Look, we realized we weren't going to be at the NY Plaza, but this was the worst stay at an inn we ever experienced. The beds were awful, there were large gaps in the windows that let in freezing air, the hostess, though seemingly tolerable, did not offer much help, and the bathrooms were all the way on another floor down a dangerously narrow staircase.

We hated the place and found the owners insincere. There wasn't even some charm to make the experience redemptive.

No wonder the place is for sale.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
The Ledge House Bed and Breakfast
Lily Garden Bed & Breakfast
Lily Garden Bed & Breakfast
#4 of 11 in Harpers Ferry

Been to The Town's Inn? Share your experiences!