“A trip to the stone age.”

Econo Lodge Harpers Ferry
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Harpers Ferry
Luray, Virginia
“A trip to the stone age.”
Reviewed June 30, 2010

I was extremely impressed with the quality and speed of the service I received. The hotel and room's decor could use some sprucing up but it suited my need which was a good night sleep. The only problem I had was that the guest computer wasn't working and when I asked about it the response I received was, "Good luck." Apparently this is an existing problem and as a thru-hiker, I was very demoralized not to be able to keep in touch with my loved ones.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
NEW YORK
Reviewed March 14, 2010

the general manager yinching lin-chen is an intelligent charming woman who extended herself to provide excellent service.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed March 9, 2010

I was making a spur of the moment trip to Harper's Ferry National Park, and checked in to the Comfort Inn on Union Street. It is a modest place, no bells or whistles. Slighty showing its age, but clean and comfortable. I think there were maybe one or two other guests in the place! This is the off season for the area, so it was very quiet! Continental breakfast OK, although either the timer or the temperature of the waffle maker was off--slightly underdone....

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Hagerstown, MD
Reviewed January 14, 2010

We stayed here for a family wedding, and I cannot state enough how wonderful this staff was. They are absolutely awesome.
Yin, Randy, Allison, Travis....all of you made our exciting "wedding that turned into a blizzard" an event we will never forget.....
This was the only hotel within 30 miles that offered to shuttle us back and forth from a wedding/reception/hotel).
Randy and Yin went out of there way in the biggest snowfall blizzard in years to make sure we were all safe and got where we needed to be. The hotel was quaint, clean, and everyone was so helpful. Thank you so so much.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
San Bernardino
Reviewed December 29, 2009

We stayed at this hotel with a large group for a wedding - the team at the hotel shuttled us where we needed to go AND took great care of us during a snow storm!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed December 29, 2009

Yin, Randy, Alison and Travis could not have been nicer to us during our stay. They helped us through a nice little snow storm with flying colors.

If you go to Harper's Ferry, stay with them at the Comfort Inn.

Thanks !!
Kevin K.
Birmingham, Alabama

Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Seabrook, Maryland
Reviewed October 28, 2009

I am a serious Advanced Amateur Film Only Photographer mostly using a Pentax Spotmatic F or a Pentax K1000 camera until I switched almost entirely DIGITAL 13 months ago when I found a Digital Pentax SLR K200D camera that met all my requirements for a reasonable price.

Last December (2008), on the first Saturday, I attended Harpers Ferry’s (HF) Soldier’s Prayer Day festivities and took many Digital photos of the day’s events. One event was a National Park Service (NPS) Living History (LH) volunteer (Todd Harrington) doing TINTYPE (Civil War Period) Photographs of various LH volunteers and various Historical buildings in Harpers Ferry. I was VERY intrigued by the process and the MOST wonderful images Todd was creating on Ferrotype (aka Tintypes) plates and regular clear glass plates (aka Ambrotypes).

This spring, the NPS/HF Living History department announced that the Park Service in conjunction with Todd would be offering a 2 Day Workshop/Class in HF on October 10th and 11th, 2009 from 9am to 5pm each day. Needless to say I signed up for it. I attended the workshop both days and had a MOST unusual experience actually creating Photographs using Mid-Late 19th century Photography Technology.

Thus this is how I came to stay overnight (Saturday, October 10, 2009) at the Comfort Inn on Union Street in Harpers Ferry, WVA.

I made the reservation for my overnight stay on the phone on September 11th with the Inn’s staff member Mary who told me checking time was 3PM, I told her about the class hours, she said “NO PROBLEM” just guarantee the reservation with a Major Credit Card and you can check in anytime that works for you.

Saturday’s class ended about 6:00pm as we(class members had to finish up the day’s work) after 5:00pm. It took us that much time for all 4 class members to “VARNISH” (protect) the images we recorded on glass plates during the day. By the time I got to the Inn to check-in it was maybe 6:30pm or so. I was checked-in to the Inn and assigned to my room (Number 206) by Travis in less than 10 minutes. 15 minutes later after moving my luggage to my room I was back out the door for dinner at the Secret Six Restaurant in downtown Harpers Ferry. Had a wonderful dinner and went back to the Comfort Inn for the night. The Secret Six Restaurant is a MUST place to eat AS is the Comfort Inn being the MUST PLACE to STAY in Harpers Ferry.

After returning to the Inn from dinner I cleaned up and got ready for leaving the next morning, I showered before going to bed as I wanted to get up early to pack my luggage back in my car and avail myself of the FREE continental breakfast before checking out Sunday morning and leaving the Inn for the second day of the class.

Shower Head is a Water Pik Massage Shower Head, I liked it so much I showered
for using it for nearly 30 minutes as my back and shoulders were sore from all the bending and stooping I had been doing all day during the class. Fabulous Bathroom with plenty of Towels and Bathroom Linen.

After the wonderful shower, I “hit the sack” after calling the front Desk for a 6AM Wake-UP call. That's when I discovered the most fully luxurious PILLOWS I’ve ever seen or used. BEST and MOST COMFORTABLE Sleep I’ve ever had. PILLOWS are FABULOUS. I told this to, either Mary or Travis Sunday Morning as I was leaving and asked them to please inform the manager and could I please find out where they got the Pillows.

A couple of days later the manager called me and told me the name of the pillows and where the Inn had obtained the pillows.

The first chance I get, I am going to order some of the same pillows for my home as
my current home pillows are at least 10 years old and are due for replacement.

I rate the Comfort Inn on Union Street in Harpers Ferry WVA FIVE STARS on a scale of 1 to 5 where 1 is TOTAL DISSATISFIED and 5 is UTILMATE SATISFACTION. The entire STAFF is to be commended for their personable and totally friendly service.

James W. Spinks

#1 of 3 in Shepherdstown
Quality Inn Shepherdstown
Quality Inn Shepherdstown
#2 of 3 in Shepherdstown

Been to Econo Lodge Harpers Ferry? Share your experiences!