I stayed here for work, and chose the hotel based on my generally high opinion of Comfort Inns. I was shocked when I arrived. The hotel has a nice staff but as the kind desk clerk admitted, "this is one of Comfort inn's older properties." The building is frankly depressing- inside and out. There is no work-out room, the carpets are dingy, and rooms in the two story structure face either a busy road, or a parking lot. The room was old and didn't feel clean- It wasn't that they were obviously dirty but the carpets, linens, furnishings were just sort of gross. The bathroom was clean and everything worked fine, but I couldn't wait to get out of the room.
This Comfort Inn isn't really in Harper's Ferry proper, but the walk into town is only about fifteen minutes. The breakfast is standard Comfort Inn- so not bad, but in a very cramped room. In retrospect I should have chosen the Quality Inn, which has a gym, pool, and grounds that you can at least walk around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are the closest hotel to Harpers Ferry National Historical Park near historic Harpers Ferry and just minutes from Hollywood Casino Charles Town. Whether you are looking to explore our country's history, enjoy the natural beauty of the mountains, or checking out the gaming and horse-racing action in Charles Town, the Econo Lodge is the perfect place to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Econo Lodge Harpers Ferry reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Econo Lodge Harpers Ferry Hotel Harpers Ferry
- Comfort Inn Harpers Ferry
- Harpers Ferry Comfort Inn