“Great location and comfortable”

Econo Lodge Harpers Ferry
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Harpers Ferry
Reviewed June 10, 2012

My friend and I decided to visit Harper's Ferry for a girls' night away. There are not many hotels in Harper's Ferry to choose from, so I was a little nervous about choosing this one. Found I had nothing to worry about...it was nice! Beds and room were quite comfortable. Decent breakfast selection, which was free. The bathroom was a little small, but that did not bother us since we were out and about most of the time. The hotel staff was very helpful in helping us navigate during the day for the activities we wanted to do. It was a pleasant hike to reach both the trails and the town delights. Tubing/kayaking/rafting is a short drive, as is the Charles Town casino. Great value for a tourist area.

Room Tip: Second floor is quieter, although you will have to carry luggage up the stairs. We were able to hav...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank marycarol4

Reviewed June 6, 2012

I was pretty happy with my two night stay. I didn't even use my car as I liked to walk to the sights (about a mile) in town. You can get to Shenandoah St. along the Shenandoah River into the National Park and other sites of the town. If you don't mind walking up hills, you can take Union Street up from the hotel or Washington Street back up from the main part of the town. Or do them all as a 2-3 mile loop as I did.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Carl C
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I stayed here with my husband and father in-law recently. We were biking on the C&O trail from Pittsburgh and this was our last night of lodging before we finished the trip in Georgetown. The rooms were very clean, nicely decorated and comfortable. The room reminded me of a Hampton Inn or something similar. Very nice. I don't know who was working the front desk in the morning, but she was wonderful. We were up at 5:30 am so we could get an early start on the trails and she let us eat in the breakfast room even though breakfast didn't officially "start" until 7 am. The location is a bit far to walk from the center of "town" but I would definitely stay here again. Great value.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 9, 2012

We were confused about who owns the Econo Lodge. AAA calls it a Comfort Inn and we booked on line through AAA. Turns out to be Ecno Lodge.

Rooms are clean and beds comfortable. The bathroom is TINY and you have to squeeze next to the toilet in order to close the door.

They provide a breakfast that includes hot food as well as muffins etc. It is in a good location to get to the lower town at Harpers Ferry. Nice view of the mountains out our window.

We had dinner at the Anvil restaurant. Food was OK, but no prices on the specials listed outside. What's with that??? It was a bit pricy, but they have you in a tourist area.

Note: gas prices are higher in WVA....fill your tank in MD if you can. Sheetz gas stations usually have low prices.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank katkin42
Reviewed May 2, 2012

On 04/28/12, I sent this e-mail to the General Manager of this Econo Lodge.
> We would like to happily açknowledge our magical reception at Harper`s
> Ferry this
> morning. Many thanks to Peter who greeted us, answered our questions, and
> made our
> day by telling us that our room was ready early.
> Special thanks to housekeeping for immaculate room 227.
> Peter showed his professionalism and dedication to his job when he called
> to be sure the
> room met our expections.
We also enjoyed the bountiful and delicious "complimentary" hot continental breakfast.
"Econo Lodge Harper's Ferry" is a hidden gem, not to be missed.
> Thanks so much for a great motel and an outstanding receptionist.
> Sincerely,
> The Swartz Family

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank smileyNorthShore_MA
Reviewed April 18, 2012

The owner went out of his way to make our stay enjoyable! Clean room, good beds. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank GregNFD
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I stayed three nights at the end of March while hiking the nearby Appalachian Trail. I had a great stay! This was exactly what I was looking for: a nice quiet and clean room, comfortable bed, good, free breakfast, and excellent location. I arrived in Harpers Ferry by train and the staff went out of their way to help me find restaurants that were within walking distance or would deliver to the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Bavarian Inn
Bavarian Inn
#1 of 3 in Shepherdstown
Holiday Inn Express Charles Town

Been to Econo Lodge Harpers Ferry? Share your experiences!