The motel was just ok - really the only thing going for it is it's location. Its walkable to the National Park but Lower Town is more than the 10 minute walk they say, but also easy drive to the railroad station/restaurant area. Small free breakfast area (maybe 1/2 dozen tables) but they had a make your own waffle machine so all was good. I just thought the price ($115 AAA rate on a summer Friday) was high for what you got and the area it was in. Not sure if there really is anything else nearby or you may need to go up the road to Charles Town. Also the restaurant reviews are correct - there really doesn't appear to be any great restaurants nearby. We ate a Cannonball Deli (sandwich was good but place was small and hot) and then at Pvt Quinn's Pub(again burger and beer ok) but on a summer weekend most of the place was closed and there were only three tables of customers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are the closest hotel to Harpers Ferry National Historical Park near historic Harpers Ferry and just minutes from Hollywood Casino Charles Town. Whether you are looking to explore our country's history, enjoy the natural beauty of the mountains, or checking out the gaming and horse-racing action in Charles Town, the Econo Lodge is the perfect place to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Econo Lodge Harpers Ferry reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Econo Lodge Harpers Ferry Hotel Harpers Ferry
- Comfort Inn Harpers Ferry
- Harpers Ferry Comfort Inn