“Great value -great service-great night's sleep”

Econo Lodge Harpers Ferry
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Harpers Ferry
Reviewed April 4, 2011

We came to see Harpers Ferry and ended up staying an extra day. Those pillows!! After a VERY comfortable night's sleep, the manager went completely out of her way to help us buy some for our own home. We ended up staying an extra night after the front desk's suggestions for great dining and other things to do and see.

It appears this hotel is under new management as there were many upgrades underway. Breakfast was a surprise as we know the addition of bacon and other hot items are above and beyond Comfort Inn's requirements.

We also found the location provided easy access to the one-way street system in Harpers Ferry and was within walking distance to the Appalachian Trail. All in all, our visit was directly enhanced by the friendly service and amenities at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hdiederich

Reviewed February 22, 2011

Bed bugs!!!! I woke up in the middle of the night to the disgusting feeling of bugs crawling on me. I had the night desk guy confirm that these gross little black things were bed bug & we left in total disgust at 3am. The next day the GM continued to deny that they had bed bugs, despite the bites I now have all over my neck, arms, shoulders & fingers. And they itch like crazy. Disgusting. Makes you wonder if the rest of the rooms have this same problem.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ewashingtondc
yclin2, General Manager at Econo Lodge Harpers Ferry, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2011

There’s no denial here, just my comment that we didn’t have any bed bugs in our hotel until this recent incident. I have been very sympathetic and apologized to the guest for her unfortunate experience. I have called/emailed the guest on several occasions to see how she was doing and to make things right. I do believe this to be an isolated incident, brought in from a previous traveler. We have taken appropriate measures to immediately rectify the problem, including the use of pest control products/services and inspections from both a pest control professional and the county sanitation experts. The conclusion from both was NO bed bugs in the room and perimeter rooms. 15 days later absent of any activity, we continue to keep the room down with daily monitoring to ensure the safety of our guests.

Yinching Lin-Chen, General Manager

Reviewed October 20, 2010

The manager and staff went above and beyond the call of duty in our honeymoon stay at the hotel. First, they were extremely helpful booking a block of rooms for the wedding guests and then they accomodated me in planning and making "honeymoon touches" in the room as a surprise for my husband. They did the preparations (in conspiracy with the bride) while we were out to dinner with family after the afternoon reception. They also maintained good communication with us while we were making the arrangements for ourselves and our guests.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2010

Hotel was OK. Breakfast was OK except for finding a hair in my microwaved thin bacon. Located on a steep hill. Only 2 floors with no elevator. Have to drive to Charles Town to get something to eat. Only 6 miles though and the mountain view diner was great.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2010

Clean, convieneint to Harpers Ferry and the C and O Canal, very bicycle traveler friendly, allowed bikes in room and had a bike wash station with cleaning supplies. Short walk to very good restaurant (The Anvil). Friendly front desk staff, decent breakfast would have been better if employee setting up breakfast was wearing shoes. Would recommend to anyone, was clean and comfortable with a decent shower.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2010

This hotel has attempted a facelift. It doesn't look so great. There is water damage on the ceiling and the bathroom has issues with wall paper and flooring but overall the room is clean. The front desk didn't have me in the room I requested which I was told I could have when I made the reservation. The front desk clerk then had trouble changing the room in the computer...not their fault; software can be tricky now and then, but it didn’t take several hours to get me in my room.

The hotel is very basic. No restaurant or lounge, that's kind of a bummer. There is a free basic breakfast. There also is a nice size desk to use as a work station for those one business travel.

Close enough to walk to everything in Harpers Ferry NHP.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 28, 2010

My husband and I took a weekend getaway to west Virginia and were pleasantly surprised by the comfort Inn.The rooms were clean and large.The breakfast in the morning was a free added bonus.The rates were great and I would recommend staying here if your in town.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
#2 of 3 in Shepherdstown
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Kearneysville

Been to Econo Lodge Harpers Ferry? Share your experiences!