I have driven past this location many times during my travels and, I hate to admit it, but based upon the quick look of the exterior when driving by, I wasn't too excited about ever staying here. The hotel is kind of dated on the outside and, in Harper's Ferry, WV, there are only a couple of hotels to choose from. Anyway, on a whim I decided to make a reservation at this location for me and my family as we were going to be in the area mainly to visit The Hollywood Casino in nearby Charles Town, WV. I am VERY pleased I took the chance on this hotel and my family and I will DEFINITELY stay here again.
First of all, even though the hotel is dated on the outside (it kind of gave me that 1970s feel but not in a good retro kind of way -- it just looked dated) -- and, though, you could say the inside of the lobby looked dated, oddly it was a very refreshing feeling. The Christmas decorations were those of yesteryear and maybe that helped with feeling of the decor of the lobby. The lobby was spacious and there's also a restaurant on the premises of the hotel (we did not eat at the restaurant but from viewing the menu, there seemed to be a nice variety of offerings and the prices were pretty reasonable). The front desk staff upon check-in (and during our stay) was very informative and very friendly. Each time we entered or exited through the lobby we were always greeted pleasantly. We had two rooms with two double beds and the rooms were adjoining, which was a nice feature. The rooms were quite big, very clean and very comfortable. I like the showers at Quality Hotels; they're spacious, the water pressure's great and the towels are comfy. There was a large refrigerator in each room and microwaves, too. Our room was on the first floor, facing the main road and though you would think we would be able to hear the traffic, we didn't -- so that was nice. Breakfast was included, of course, and it was quite good. There were waffles, scrambled eggs, ham, hash browns, donuts, yogurt, bagels, juices, coffee, water, cereal, fruit (I may have missed some items but the bottom line...there was plenty of food). The breakfast attendant was very nice and every housekeeper we walked past was very, very pleasant. Overall, it was a great experience and, like I said before, I'm glad we chose this location.
There is an indoor pool, a fitness center and a business center on the premises -- we didn't use any of these amenities because we were busy doing other things but it's nice to know they were available (this hotel is also a conference center and I know there were conference rooms available, too, which is nice).
Oh, I forgot to note -- we got a great rate at this location, especially for the weekend. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gaming - History - Adventure ...Only one hour from DC and Baltimore. Offering FREE Shuttle service to and from Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races! The Clarion Inn Harpers Ferry in beautiful Harpers Ferry, West Virginia is full of modern amenities to accommodate your every need. Whether you are a first-time visitor to the area or a seasoned vet, let the Clarion Inn team help you relax and enjoy the peaceful, serene surroundings. With 100 deluxe hotel rooms, superb dining from our on-site White Horse Tavern, and easy access to River Riders Family Adventure Resort, the Clarion Inn in Harpers Ferry can handle any size group and still find time to cater to the traveling couple. Within walking distance of Harpers Ferry National Historical Park and various outdoor activities, the Clarion Inn Harpers Ferry is a history and outdoor lover's paradise. Whitewater rafting, Civil War history, hiking the Appalachian Trail, sightseeing, and antique shopping are just a small sampling of what's in store when you visit. Don't forget about all the available action, including over 5,000 slots and brand new table games, at the acclaimed and newly renovated Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races less than 5 miles away. Free Shuttle Service to and from the Casino on Fridays and Saturdays. Let the Clarion Inn Harpers Ferry host your next conference, banquet, wedding, or group travel. With over 10,000 square feet of conference / reception space, the Clarion Inn team will assist you in any way possible to ensure your function is a complete success. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Clarion Inn Harpers Ferry reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Harpers Ferry
- Quality Hotel Harpers Ferry
- Harpers Ferry Quality Inn