We booked two nights a month in advance for a week get-away. Traveling with our two Westies put us in the "dog" building. Non smoking room reeked of smoke, bathroom was closet sized, tub drain was clogged, everything was "tired" and worn. Restaurant was smokey and noisy (we went elsewhere), building entry door had panic hardware AND a red push button. You had to push both at the same time to get out. Try doing that with a fire at your back and a child in your arms.
Unlike many other chains, we were charged $50 a night for the dogs (who are crated, clean and quiet). Total cost came to $345 for two nights! When I challenged the cost and quoted AAA at $80 to 100, the desk clerk said he didn't know anything about AAA. We've stayed in much better properties at $65 a night. Fair cost in this case would have been about $40 a night! Really! If you are going to Harper's Ferry, try a B&B or old hotel in town. More fun and more interesting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gaming - History - Adventure ...Only one hour from DC and Baltimore. Offering FREE Shuttle service to and from Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races! The Clarion Inn Harpers Ferry in beautiful Harpers Ferry, West Virginia is full of modern amenities to accommodate your every need. Whether you are a first-time visitor to the area or a seasoned vet, let the Clarion Inn team help you relax and enjoy the peaceful, serene surroundings. With 100 deluxe hotel rooms, superb dining from our on-site White Horse Tavern, and easy access to River Riders Family Adventure Resort, the Clarion Inn in Harpers Ferry can handle any size group and still find time to cater to the traveling couple. Within walking distance of Harpers Ferry National Historical Park and various outdoor activities, the Clarion Inn Harpers Ferry is a history and outdoor lover's paradise. Whitewater rafting, Civil War history, hiking the Appalachian Trail, sightseeing, and antique shopping are just a small sampling of what's in store when you visit. Don't forget about all the available action, including over 5,000 slots and brand new table games, at the acclaimed and newly renovated Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races less than 5 miles away. Free Shuttle Service to and from the Casino on Fridays and Saturdays. Let the Clarion Inn Harpers Ferry host your next conference, banquet, wedding, or group travel. With over 10,000 square feet of conference / reception space, the Clarion Inn team will assist you in any way possible to ensure your function is a complete success. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia and Choice Hotels so you can book your Clarion Inn Harpers Ferry reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Harpers Ferry
- Quality Hotel Harpers Ferry
- Harpers Ferry Quality Inn