We are history buffs, and felt it was time to explore Harper's Ferry, WV. I planned our trip for during the week. We have 3 small children and are on a budget. I chose the Quality Inn for it's price and proximity to the Visitor's Center. Our stay was very good, there were NO problems at all I am happy to say. The room was clean and very comfortable. Upon check in, "Brendan" from the front desk called to make sure all was ok. I took the opportunity to ask about the in room safe. I thought the call was a nice touch- We slept very well the two nights we were there. My kids liked the afternoon cookies in the lobby. We liked the hot coffee/tea available to guests. We were a bit under the weather, so it was nice to have a cup of hot decaf tea at bedtime. That was great! There were two computers in the lobby for guest's use. It was soooo helpful to have that to check times and locations of sites we wanted to see! The pool area was very pleasant and warm. The kids loved it!!!! The breakfast was also quite good- hot waffles, fruit, cereal, coffee of course, bakery items and daily hot selections were fine. The breakfast lady was very sweet and accomodating. There was a fridge and micro in the room. Very important to travelers with children and or on a budget. One night I drove to the Aldi about 2 miles away for a frozen lasagne and salad. Dinner cost less than $5! The only issue we had was wi-fi in the room. Our IPAD would NOT connect anywhere on the property. The IPOD did better though. The hotel is close to Haper's Ferry NHP, though not walking distance as I had hoped. The hotel is right next to the river rapids stuff if you're into that.... All in all, a very good, solid hotel. I whole heartedly recommend staying here if you are visiting the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gaming - History - Adventure ...Only one hour from DC and Baltimore. Offering FREE Shuttle service to and from Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races! The Clarion Inn Harpers Ferry in beautiful Harpers Ferry, West Virginia is full of modern amenities to accommodate your every need. Whether you are a first-time visitor to the area or a seasoned vet, let the Clarion Inn team help you relax and enjoy the peaceful, serene surroundings. With 100 deluxe hotel rooms, superb dining from our on-site White Horse Tavern, and easy access to River Riders Family Adventure Resort, the Clarion Inn in Harpers Ferry can handle any size group and still find time to cater to the traveling couple. Within walking distance of Harpers Ferry National Historical Park and various outdoor activities, the Clarion Inn Harpers Ferry is a history and outdoor lover's paradise. Whitewater rafting, Civil War history, hiking the Appalachian Trail, sightseeing, and antique shopping are just a small sampling of what's in store when you visit. Don't forget about all the available action, including over 5,000 slots and brand new table games, at the acclaimed and newly renovated Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races less than 5 miles away. Free Shuttle Service to and from the Casino on Fridays and Saturdays. Let the Clarion Inn Harpers Ferry host your next conference, banquet, wedding, or group travel. With over 10,000 square feet of conference / reception space, the Clarion Inn team will assist you in any way possible to ensure your function is a complete success. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Choice Hotels so you can book your Clarion Inn Harpers Ferry reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Harpers Ferry
- Quality Hotel Harpers Ferry
- Harpers Ferry Quality Inn