I was pleasantly surprised at the appearance of the room. It was bright and cheerful with two double beds, refrigerator, safe, large TV and coffee maker. I'm not a TV watcher. When I'm traveling I like to attend special events or happenings going on in the area. I do like music in the room though and the reception for radio was poor which is not the hotel's fault, although an antenna on the radio would help reception. After reading reviews from two travelers referring to bedbugs in the rooms, I was quite fearful, but in the two nights that I stayed there, I had no such problem. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was wonderful...cereal, scrambled eggs, sausage, muffins, waffles, biscuits and gravy, fruit, etc. Sure beat going to a fast food restaurant to buy breakfast. I was quite surprised at the number of guests who were in the dining room for the meal. The staff was helpful and checkout was speedy.
My only complaint was that there must have been either smoking rooms in the non-smoking building (building #2) or guests where assigned rooms in that building who did smoke. As soon as I opened the outside building door, I smelled the cigarette smoke, but I did not necessarily smell it in my room. The room was well maintained and clean. I noticed that some reviewers mentioned that their rooms were in either building #2 or #3 and how they had to walk a great distance to get to them. This is rubbish. You can park in front of these buildings. If you are too lazy to walk from them to the main building for morning breakfast, you are either lazy or infirm. In that case, move your car and drive to the main building.
I can certainly recommend this establishment and would not hesitate to go there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gaming - History - Adventure ...Only one hour from DC and Baltimore. Offering FREE Shuttle service to and from Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races! The Clarion Inn Harpers Ferry in beautiful Harpers Ferry, West Virginia is full of modern amenities to accommodate your every need. Whether you are a first-time visitor to the area or a seasoned vet, let the Clarion Inn team help you relax and enjoy the peaceful, serene surroundings. With 100 deluxe hotel rooms, superb dining from our on-site White Horse Tavern, and easy access to River Riders Family Adventure Resort, the Clarion Inn in Harpers Ferry can handle any size group and still find time to cater to the traveling couple. Within walking distance of Harpers Ferry National Historical Park and various outdoor activities, the Clarion Inn Harpers Ferry is a history and outdoor lover's paradise. Whitewater rafting, Civil War history, hiking the Appalachian Trail, sightseeing, and antique shopping are just a small sampling of what's in store when you visit. Don't forget about all the available action, including over 5,000 slots and brand new table games, at the acclaimed and newly renovated Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races less than 5 miles away. Free Shuttle Service to and from the Casino on Fridays and Saturdays. Let the Clarion Inn Harpers Ferry host your next conference, banquet, wedding, or group travel. With over 10,000 square feet of conference / reception space, the Clarion Inn team will assist you in any way possible to ensure your function is a complete success. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Clarion Inn Harpers Ferry reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Harpers Ferry
- Quality Hotel Harpers Ferry
- Harpers Ferry Quality Inn