“Great stay!!”
Review of Pinehurst Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bayfield
Pinehurst Inn
Ranked #2 of 16 Bayfield B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Houston, Texas
“Great stay!!”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We went away for a night without the kids. The house is beautiful and they were so welcoming when we arrived. We stayed on the 3rd floor and it was very quaint and relaxing. The bubble tub was great. Will be staying there again in the fture.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Schomberg, Ontario
Reviewed October 31, 2013

By far the best B & B we have stayed at.
The hosts are great. Knowledgeable about the area, passion ate about their establishment, and meticulous in making it a great stay.
Breakfast is a culinary delight.
Would stay again in a heartbeat !

Green Features: A very environmentally friendly property. They really seem to care.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steve B
Hibbing, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at Pinehurst Inn as part of a weekend getaway. I also ran the WhistleStop Half-Marathon that weekend, and being able to come back to this property was a luxury indeed! I took full advantage of the jacuzzi tub in our room. Also, the bed and linens were amazingly soft and cozy. Just what I needed after a long run. My husband said he slept better here than in our own bed! The breakfast was delicious, and we were very pleased with the early morning breakfast accommodations on the morning of the race. The only thing I wish I would have done was scheduled a massage! We will definitely be back to Pinehurst.

Green Features: We learned a little more about the sheets used on the beds at Pinehurst during our stay. They are a polyester/microfiber blend that use less water than organic cotton, and they are guaranteed for 300 washes. I will be looking into buying a set for myself.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We enjoyed the breakfast. The room was not fully comfortable, because the furniture seemed hard, the bed linens seemed not to be cotton, and something in the room triggered my allergies. Highway noise at night was also a problem. We were in the auxiliary space, which had a nice lounge for guest use, and we were able to use the refrigerator there. I didn't like the big bathtub out in the room--would have preferred a comfy couch with reading light.

Green Features: At least this place, unlike many hotels that ask you to hang up your towel if you want to re-use it, provided actual towel racks for that purpose.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
PinehurstOwner, Owner at Pinehurst Inn, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay at Pinehurst. We learn from every guest that walks through the door and this is no exception. Your stay appears to have been a bit less than you expected - know that we take your comments to heart. Thank you again.
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Loved our stay here. The hosts were very knowledgable of the area and of the history of the house. Breakfast was good and the coffee was GREAT!! We stayed in the Catherine Rittenhouse Suite which was on the third floor of the original house.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. We appreciate your comments and recognition of our efforts to provide a great experience for our guests. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Mason City
Reviewed September 29, 2013

The Pinehurst has everything anyone would want in a B and B: a great location just a few miles from Bayfield, Wisconsin, Lake Superior and Madeline island; a beautifully restored mansion rich in natural woodwork and antiques; modern amenities such as private baths and whirlpools in some rooms; and an attention to detail that makes guests feel pampered. The beds are made with high-count sheets. Bathrooms are furnished with lavender bath salts and thick, thirsty towels. Breakfast includes fresh fruit, homemade breads, and delicious egg dishes. Hosts Steve and Nancy are gracious and well informed. They can tell you the best places to buy cider and smoked fish and can provide schedules for the ferry that leaves Bayfield for Madeline island. This was our first stay at the Pinehurst. It won't be our last.

Room Tip: One room features a balcony and a whirlpool. You may want to ask for it even though it's a littl...
Green Features: The Pinehurst prides itself on its envionmentally-friendly practices. For example, each room offers guests the use of a couple of metal water bottles to encourage avoidance of plastic bottles.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
PinehurstOwner, Owner at Pinehurst Inn, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments. Over the years we've tried hard to incorporate more amenities and features as we learn from our guests. We are blessed with wonderful visitors and love sharing this place. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
madison, wi
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I chose Pinehurst Inn for my weekend stay in Bayfield based on positive reviews on Trip Advisor and was not disappointed. The grounds were lovely and the entire stay was relaxing and rejuvenating. I made my reservation at the last minute and was very glad there was availability, although I had to stay in two separate rooms (Birches and Brownstone). I enjoyed them both. They are located in the Garden House, a separate, newer structure on the property away from the main house. I was completely satisfied and enjoyed having my separate space. Both rooms had fireplaces and nice, deep whirlpool tubs. I appreciated many of the "small" touches they provide (e.g., water bottles to use during the day to help cut down on the purchase of plastic bottles). I didn't use it but I like that they have a sauna on the property. I hope to return one day and have a chance to give that a try. Breakfasts were well done. I enjoyed meeting the other guests and getting ideas of where to spend the day.

Green Features: I was willing to pay more to help support owner's who are committed to sustainability and enviornmentally- friendly practices.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
PinehurstOwner, Owner at Pinehurst Inn, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments. We know sometimes switching rooms during a stay might be clumbsy for some - so pleased it worked for you! And yes, the sauna is popular - so you will definitely need to return and make use of this amenity. Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bayfield
Best Western The Hotel Chequamegon
#2 of 2 in Washburn
Old Rittenhouse Inn
Old Rittenhouse Inn
#1 of 16 in Bayfield

Been to Pinehurst Inn? Share your experiences!