Review Highlights
Ok

Enjoyed seeing the islands, lighthouses and sea caves at Devils Island. The captain very... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
ssycats
Rockerville, South Dakota
via mobile
Sea Caves and Lighthouses

I had always heard about the sea caves but had no expectations. They are spectacular with their... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Elizabeth W
Middleton, Wisconsin

All reviews top deck grand tour devil's island both sides glass bottom apostle islands sea caves raspberry island hour tour captain sherman available for purchase three hours boat ride fishing camp rock formations points of interest interesting information
Selected filters
Reviewed September 6, 2019 via mobile

A great way yo see the islands and go into Lake Superior is a cruise and this ones are great! My daughter and I had a chance to see some of the remains of sinking ships, the beautiful landscape of the islands, some lighthouses and wildlife.
The Capitan gave a great explanation and answered many questions from us.

Reviewed September 2, 2019 via mobile

We were so pleased to cruise the Apostle Islands on a beautiful, sunny morning. We had been scheduled for the evening sunset cruise the night before, but it was canceled due to high winds. It was still windy when we set sail, but less than the day before. Our captain was able to complete the whole 2.5 hour Grand Tour, which includes the outermost island-Devil’s Island. (This island is not included if there are high winds from the open waters of Lake Superior). We enjoyed seeing the wildlife (eagles), sea caves & lighthouses. Our captain was very informative- telling us about the history & general information of the area.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed August 31, 2019 via mobile

We did the wrecks, rocks and lighthouses tour. It’s a nice glimpse into what else can be done around the islands. The wrecks were neat but you can’t see much in the murky watch so pick a calm day.

Reviewed August 29, 2019

We took our 4 year old grandson and we happened to be first in line and he received a free book. The 3 hour tour kept him occupied the entire time. The boat was clean and comfortable seating. The captain slows and turns the boat so everyone can get their pictures.

Reviewed August 25, 2019

I had been waiting several years for the opportunity to take this cruise around the islands. Finally was able to check this off my bucket list to celebrate my birthday. Purchasing the tickets was a breeze, did so online and printed right away. We showed up at the dock a few minutes before boarding began and were given clear instructions on what to do. We chose to sit on the bottom deck, though there was plenty of room on the top. We decided the bottom would be better suited for us because it was chilly and we knew once out on the lake it would feel much colder. We seen most of the islands, some from a distance. The Captain was amazing, gave detailed information about the islands as well as fielded questions anyone on board had. For me the ride out to Devils Island was worth the whole trip, I can not even put into words how beautiful it was. I grew up on Lake Michigan so know the beauty of the Great Lakes and at times have taken that for granted. But this is just something hard to describe. It took my breath away. We got to see lighthouses, Bald Eagles nesting, an old fishing camp and best of all the crew treats you like family. I would definitely do it again and recommend it to anyone. On a side note: I tend to get sick on cruises and took a Bonine before departure. The ride was very smooth and I may have been fine without taking it. However, the Captain does turn the boat around a few times so that both sides of the boat can get the same views. If you get sick easily this may make you a bit nauseous so prepare ahead of time. Also, they did sell snacks on board. I had read several reviews saying they didn't so we were sure to take with us water and snacks. But they did have water, soda, candy and popcorn on board. Hint for parking; take Manypenny Ave to the end and park for free in the gravel parking lot, then walk a couple blocks to the dock. This also provides for easy exit and there are restrooms across the street from the parking lot. A must do! Enjoy!

1  Thank bejoyful65