“We enjoyed it!”

Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“We enjoyed it!”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

My wife and I took the 3 1/2 hour, evening Grand Tour. Boat was only about half full, so we had plenty of room on this trip. There was rain and some lightning during the trip out, but the captain did a nice job missing the worst storms and he kept us entertained with his stories of the islands. When we got to the sea caves, the captain put the front of the boat right up aganist the rocks so we all had a close-up view of the caves...great for pictures! We packed a lunch and a bottle of wine, which kept us occupied during the trip out. As some reviewers have said, the sea caves are worth seeing, but the trip out and back is just a faraway view of some of the islands. Don't take the tour if you are easily bored. It's not a "party" cruise on your uncle's cabin cruiser. It is what it is...a nice smooth boat ride, and if the weather is nice, you can sit outside. You can enjoy a picnic lunch if you like. You will learn a few things about the area, and the scenery is wonderful.
The crew was terrific.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Roamalone

Madison, Wisconsin
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fun and entertaining way to see the islands”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

My husband and I really enjoyed the 3 1/4 hour grand tour. We were able to see all the islands as well as the sea caves surrounding Devils Island. There are drinks and snacks available for purchase or you can bring your own (including alcohol). Our captain was a hoot! He was very engaging, had loads of info about the islands and even told us the story of the Edmund Fitzgerald. We had a sing-a-long and finished the trip with trivia (I won a snickers bar). I recommend everyone take this trip at least once!

2 Thank Dawn I
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Glass bottom boat tour”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

The glass bottom boat tour gave my family a three hour Lake Superior Apostle Island tour. We were able to view the wreckage of three ships and also view lighthouses and sea caves. The boat ride was comfortable and treats and soft drinks were available to purchase. I would recommend this tour to anyone who would not only like to see the Apostle Islands, but also what has been under the water for many years.

1 Thank Dakotabar
Madison, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Educational, Fun and Entertaining!”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

My friend and I enjoyed a wonderful 3 1/2 hour cruise with the Apostle Islands Cruise service. We did the Grand Tour and our narrator Brett was fantastic. So fun and entertaining with a wealth of information on the islands and surrounding area. The Cruise was a delight and I would highly recommend it! What a great time we had for a weekend trip.

2 Thank ericksonkaren22
Cherry Log, Georgia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Wonderful trip!”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

My wife and I just enjoyed a wonderful boat trip with Apostle Islands Cruise Service. We did the Grand Tour, a 3 1/2 cruise around the islands, and it was super! Brett, the narrator and captain, was very entertaining, as well as very informative, with lots of interesting facts and stories about the Apostle Islands. The other crew members, Bryce and Amanda, were also very nice. It was a glorious sunny day, the lake was calm, and the crew made the most of these conditions, taking us very close to the sea caves around Sand Island. Brett was quick to point out the bald eagles we saw along the way, as well as other points of interest. Last year we took their cruise to Rasberry Island but didn't have time to do the Grand Tour, so we were glad to be able to do this cruise this year. Highly recommend this cruise as a good way to learn about the history of the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore, and just a fun day!

3 Thank SantaJack25