Lucy's Place Bed and Breakfast
$80
Hotels.com
$100
Travelocity
Best Western The Hotel Chequamegon(Ashland)(Great Value!)
$144
$130
BestWestern.com
$62
Winfield Inn(Bayfield)
All reviewsnext morningb bbrucequilthuskypetsshowerhostsporchhouse
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 11, 2007

It was really just ok and to me, a bed and breakfast experience should be more than that. We stayed at Lucy's for three nights and here are our thoughts...

What was nice:
The bed was quite comfortable and the beautiful quilt from Bayfield quilts was a very nice touch and Bruce (owner) was very friendly and helpful.

What could be better:
While I am a dog owner/lover and their dogs are beautiful, I do not like to have dogs begging at the table incessantly (to the point breathing on me). In addition, the dogs have the run of the house including the common area and all their furniture. Not a fan of dog hair on my clothing.

The room cleaning also left a bit to be desired. Sinks not wiped down, facuets not turned off , coffee maker not empied/cleaned any of the days. And speaking of coffee...Folgers - in the plastic container. I expected better.

Overall, the little touches/the signature style of this inn (with the sole exception of the quilt) were missing from Lucy's Place. A few more special touches and a little less dog breath.

24  Thank GoldenWarriors