All reviews garden guest house rooftop bar madeline island within walking distance jacuzzi suite lakeside room memorial park in town shops and restaurants full kitchen my husband and i ground level beds were very comfortable apostle islands the perfect spot no elevator coffee maker
Selected filters
Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

We just took our fourth trip to Bayfield for our honeymoon and love The Bayfield Inn. They have beautiful properties with excellent locations on the water and in town. The staff is very accommodating. We wanted a do not disturb sign and someone ran one over immediately. We have never been disappointed in our rentals and will continue to return and stay with The Bayfield Inn.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2018 via mobile

Had breakfast last Sunday and food and service was great and reasonably priced.I have stayed here in the past but rooms are expensive for one person.The rooftop patio is fun weather permitting.Wish they had patio heaters.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

Everything about this place is fantastic. My wife and I started at the Lounge with cocktails. The bartender was knowledgeable, and made arguably the greatest Brandy Old Fashioned I have ever had. She stated her secret is squeezing a fresh lemon while muddling. Whatever she did, I was blown away and would return simply because of the cocktail. Large wine selection which my wife was ecstatic about. She settled on a glass of Riesling which was superb. After a round of drinks we migrated toward the dining room and were greeted and sat promptly by a smiling waitress. The menu has great selections for many different palates. I decided on the 8 oz Center Cut cooked medium rare, with scallops. My wife ordered the ravioli with wild mushroom and roasted red pepper cream sauce. Our food was fast out of the kitchen and my steak was cooked to absolute perfection. Center Cut Filets can be tricky at times to prepare and I was blown away at how perfect it was cooked and how tender it was. The scallops were also fantastic. My wife loved the ravioli, and the pumpkin seeds in the red pepper sauce was a lovely surprise and created a great texture to mould the dish together. The clam chowder beforehand was also fantastic.

The view of the marina and seeing the ferry depart and arrive during our dining experience couldn’t have been more picturesque. Our waitress was prompt, attentive, and very personable. Kudos to the chef for producing a great quality product and providing a diverse menu to order from. Very reasonably priced as well. Thank you to everyone who made our dining experience top notch. We will definitely be returning when in the area and will tell everyone about our great experience here!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2018

My husband and I had room 201, which has a fantastic lake view. It has a queen bed and is roomy with an armchair with an otttoman ,a writing, desk a small chest of drawers, a small fridge, and a flatscreen TV. The bed sheets were noticeably very soft. This room has a great view of the water, and a park that leads down to the small marina.

No microwave- which was not important to us.

There is no freezer in the fridge. However you can turn the temp down too far and the whole thing becomes a freezer, (which I did accidentally).

The staff is professional, and personable and seems very happy to help people..

The toilet and bathtub are separated from the sink and closet by a door. The sink does not have a lot of counter space, but there is a large cabinet under the sink for toiletries. The sink area has a large mirror and excellent lighting. They provide a nightlight by the sink. The space for hanging clothes is across from the sink, creating a small dressing area.

There are outlets on the lamps on the nightstands on both sides of the beds for charging electronics. There are also outlets on the lamp base on the desk.

The hotel has an indoor restaurant that is open to 2 p.m. It is open week-ends in the shoulder season. The outdoor roof-top deck restaurant is open until 3 p.m. even in the shoulder season. On the roof deck, you fill out an order form, and turn it in at the counter. they serve alcohol on the roof top deck, and the bar just off the lobby. Part of the roof has a canopy, so you can sit in the shade.
The food is good, home cooking. We even got to try Bay Fields’ town specialty of white fish livers (which taste like chicken liver)
Breakfast is not included, but there are several nearby restaurants.

Cons: no elevator – The lobby and some rooms are on the entry level which does not require climbing any stairs. There are rooms one floor up and one floor down from there. The staff offered to have someone carry our luggage up the stairs if needed.

There is free internet, but the connection but it sometimes drops and is weak. Probably when everyone gets in their room at night, it reduces strength

Reviewed June 20, 2018

The Bayfield Inn is in a perfect location: Sit in the beautiful little park adjacent to the hotel, enjoy pretty views from the hotel itself, walk to boat excursions or the ferry to Madeline Island. The room was comfortable (except for the desk chair, which wasn't really a desk chair) and well arranged. The amenities were fine at first, though the shampoo ran out and was not replaced and basics like soap and toilet paper were not replenished when almost gone. The wifi was pretty good most of the time but was like molasses a couple of times during my four-day stay. The food in the hotel dining room was EXCELLENT. All in all, I enjoyed my stay and would be happy to stay at the Bayfield Inn again.

Trip type: Traveled with friends