The Bayfield Inn
$95
Winfield Inn(Bayfield)
Bayview Motel(Ashland)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgarden guest houserooftop barjacuzzi roommadeline islandwithin walking distancelakeside roomtour boatsin townfull kitchencan't beat the locationthe staff was friendly and helpfulmy husband and ithe main hotelking bedapostle islandsstayed nightslast weekend
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Over Presidents' Day weekend we had a family crisis. Could not be left alone at
home, on top of one of Bayfield's hills without a car in winter weather. Called The Bayfield Inn, and eventhough they were very busy that weekend, they made room for me and totally took care of me They drove me where ever I needed to go. Not only did I have breakfast & lunch there, but they also prepared an evening meal that I could have in my room so I wouldn"t have to go out in very icy conditions.
They made me feel safe & comfortale in the middle of a family crisis. Am telling
everyone I see. The Bayfield Inn is a 7 star Inn!
Theodora Spear, Bayfield, WI

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Teodora S
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed here in Feb 2013 during a girls weekend. It was the perfect spot for four girls. We utilized the kitchen and the location was very convenient. In fact, we didn't drive at all during our stay. We walked to Brownstone Centre to rent cross country skis (about $20 for the whole day) and we cross country skied from Bayfield to Madeline Island. It was a fantastic workout and loads of fun! We picked a weekend where visiting the island was very sad as two individuals had snowmobiled across the ice and fell in and died.

Overall, I would recommend the Washington Ave Condo. The only minor downside is that there was not cable tv (which was not an issue for us as we played board games during the evening) and we noticed there would a be some shortages of hot water when using the shower and tub. Great place for a girls weekend in Bayfield!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank CappaccinoGirl
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed here one night last summer, and it was great! The location is right in the middle of Bayfield, and you can walk everywhere. The rooms are nice, and we loved the rooftop bar! Will definitely go back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I got to spend a lovely winter weekend here with 4 good friends. The condo was the perfect size for the 5 of us, with 2 shared beds and the pull-out couch in the den. The furniture in the main living area was very comfy and the kitchen had everything we needed. The fireplace was a huge plus! The location was also perfect as we were right downtown and could walk everywhere. The only reason it's only getting 4 stars is because of the view since we were on the ground level. The many windows just look out at an alley, a nice alley, but an alley. My guess is that the condos on the upper floors have nicer views of the lake.

Room Tip: There's nothing wrong with the ground floor condo, but the upper level condos probably have nicer views.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed in the Boat Works Condos, room 205. It was extremely comfy for our family of four. We had the entire building to ourselves, I believe, so it was extremely quiet, as you may expect in the heart of a WI winter. This condo has a full kitchen, which we took full advantage of for the two days we were there. The location is great--a short walk to the grocery and liquor store, as well as several shops. We had a nice view looking across the street to an iced-over Lake Superior. We really enjoyed the two person jacuzzi tub in the master bedroom--a great way to warm up after dog sledding. The fireplace in the living room was appreciated as our family watched movies on the DVD player at night. I would certainly stay here again. The one thing we were missing in the kitchen was a corkscrew. I am of the impression that a previous guest walked away with it, as the kitchen is fully stocked with everything else you may need. The check in and out was simple and quick at The Bayfield Inn, where we were given the keys and were on our way in a minute or two. If you are in Bayfield, give this a look. It was about $150/night, but worth it for all the extras and conveniences that you have. This condo is on the top floor, so you will not have to worry about anyone stomping around above you.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family