“Fruit Wines are Surprisingly Good”

Hauser's Superior View Orchard
Ranked #6 of 34 things to do in Bayfield
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Bayfield Winery offers a generous selection of apple-based fruit wines made right here in beautiful Bayfield, WI. Blueberry, blackberry, cherry, cranberry, and raspberry make up just a few of the wines you may taste when visiting Bayfield Winery, located in the big red barn at Hauser's Superior View Farm.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Bayfield, Wisconsin
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Fruit Wines are Surprisingly Good”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a fun place to stop with your family. They have very interesting food and drinks with samples of everythng out to try. We got spreads and wine which is apple based. There are some interesting things to see - climb on a tractor, huge barn with even bigger hat collection, a kicking machine, and a lovely hot house. I good place to stop for an hour.

Visited August 2012

Pittsboro, Indiana, United States
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Home of the Bayfield Winery tasting room”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We tasted their fruit-based wines. There was a charge of $3 per person, but you do receive a glass and you get to try all of their wines. We enjoyed their wines and purchased 3 to take home with us.

Visited July 2013
twin cities mn
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great side trip and lovely view of Lake Superior”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Visited Hauser's for their wine (which was a delicious)
Be sure to stop inside the big red barn for something I wasn't expecting!
You will find a HUGE collection of baseball caps and beer cans...along with an amazing view of Lake Superior! Only a few miles up the hill from Bayfield.

Visited June 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Really neat place”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We went during their plant sale and had a really good time. They had a ton of plants that were priced really well and the people who worked there were really helpful. They had wine tasting and a great little store and a great view.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank simonpowered
Saint Paul, Minnesota
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Unique Bayfield Apple Experience”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We visited Hauser's with our family. The kids loved the tire swings and the desks in the barn. My wife and mother in law loved the gifts and apples. My father and I enjoyed sampling the many apples and apple wines. As someone who appreciates traditional wine and approaches fruit wines hesitantly, I was pleasantly surprised at the flavor and complexity of the apple and pear wines.

The barn is worth a visit, the views are tremendous. This year the honey crisp apples were amazing. The one negative was there were two staff members working, the one working the wine tasting was very kind, friendly, and offered my kids a whole apple each. The other one working the cash registered yelled at my kids for stealing apples, and when I tried to explain the other woman working had given them their apples, she yelled at me. Other than that, we really enjoyed Hauser's.

Visited September 2012